Banned from my sisters wedding

by LunaFing 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

I feel like writing her a nasty letter and give her a reason to shun me! After reading your posts, I may not. Thanks guys! :D

• hubert
    hubert

Mail her "Crisis of Conscience" as a wedding gift.

Hubert

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Luna,

Remember you sister is a brain washed watchtower loon. She's probably not inviting you at the behest of some other watchtower loon. Your lack of presence will be her loss. Try to remember it's a menagerie mean, thoughtless, dopey people, and that kind of crap happens all the time. Stand firm in your convictions.

BTW if she's marrying a watchtower loon, the marriage is doomed.

Dismembered

• amama2six
    amama2six

Inviting me to a JW wedding reception would probably be a very bad idea. I would most likely get completely trashed and start stripping. hahaha (well maybe not the stipping part, but definitely the getting trashed) :D

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Remember how boring wit receptions are? LOL this thread has reminded me! Don't move your hips to much as you dance, you might get hauled into an elder's meeting after for giving brother B a boner. And the best songs can't be played because they are too "worldly", very seldom do they allow booze, so its more like an evening at a meeting, just with slightly better clothes and a meal. I'd pass.

• amama2six
    amama2six

That's why we can't go to their receptions...we'd get them all hot and bothered. hehehe (Oh, and I'd be bringing my OWN booze if it wasn't going to be served there!!!) :D

• hubert
    hubert

And if your little sister invites you to the wedding but not the reception, say "No thanks, I'm going to be busy that day".

I'm serious.

Hubert

• calico
    calico

Don't be mean to your sister--she is only doing what she has been taught. I didn't invite my sister to my wedding--I am friends with her now and it's great! Things can change!

Funny, I still feel bad for the times I ignored her--she never brings it up!

• chickpea
    chickpea

how unkind is all i can think...
    but as is already pointed out...
    cult thinking is insidious!!

rise above and be gracious!
    do send a card and well wishes

your behaviour will contrast
    starkly with the b0rg-tinged
    exclusion from the ceremony.....

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I'm so sorry for you! I'm getting married this fall, and I'm certain that half of my family including my father will not be in attendance. Its a damn shame, it truly, truly is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit