What Were Your Favorite Old TV Shows (From the 50's to the 90's)???

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Flipper, just kidding.

I liked China Beach.

• horrible life
    horrible life
    Maya, a drama set in India starring two abandoned/orphaned teenage boys (one American, one Indian) and an elephant; lasted less than a year. I was, what, twelve?

Gently Feral, Maya was going to be my first choice. I just knew nobody would say it. I loved it.

Dennis the Meanece Fisherman remembers also

Beetle Bailey

I Dream of Jeannie

Superman (The old black and white version)

Lost in Space Thanks kinjiro

Pettycoat Junction Thanks investigator74

Leave it to Beaver Thanks OhioCowboy

The Flying Nun "

The Patty Duke Show " actually just thinking about that one yesterday, I was
    watching Helen Keller movie.

My Favorite Martian Thanks LisalasVegas

Seems like there were a couple more that I used to watch, mostly in the summers in Indiana. Gawd I loved Indiana!!!!!!!!! Great memories of being a normal kid with non-JW grandparents.

• calico
    calico

i love all shows

• horrible life
    horrible life

Flipper!!!!!! Thanks purplesofa!!

Gomer Pyle

• worf
    worf

My favorite Old TV shows:

The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Bonanza, The Flintstones, Gigantor, Speed Racer, I Love Lucy, The Rifleman, The Guns Of Will Sonnett, Star Trek Original Series, Star Trek The Next Generation, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek Enterprise, The Time Tunnel, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, The Munsters, The Cosby Show, Living Single, A Different World, In Living Color, The Simpsons, Babylon 5, Sliders, Bugs Bunny Cartoons, The Road Runner, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Superfriends, The Green Hornet, Petticoat Junction, Taxi, Barney Miller, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Big Valley, Superman, Batman(for the laughs), The Honeymooners, and many more that don't come to mind right now.

Worf

• watson
    watson

"Dark Shadows"

Weeee, hooo, weee, eeee, eeee, eeee, hoooo.....

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The Honeymooners. Leave It To Beaver. The Brady Bunch. Star Trek. Three's Company. Magnum P.I.

• ninja
    ninja

flippy the bush kangadolphin

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now I will add to the list. During the early 1970s, I used to watch educational programs like The Electric Company. And they had Leave It to Beaver, The Pixy Show, Concentration, Jeopardy, and Three On a Match (a quiz show that is rather obscure these days but was popular during the late 1960s and early 1970s).

Then there were other quiz shows coming on later. The Wizard of Odds was a classic, but it had a brief run often pre-empted by Watergate crap, and it was destroyed. Jackpot, The Money Maze, Winning Streak, and Baffle came on during 1973 and 1974.

In 1975, I watched reruns of Nanny and the Professor (which seems to have just about disappeared after 1978). I also enjoyed Gilligan's Island, as Gilligan always sabotaged rescue attempts. My Three Sons reruns (the later portion) were on in 1976-77. There were quiz and game shows Almost Anything Goes and The Magnificant Marble Machine on.

And I can't leave the 1970s without mentioning the After School Specials. I remember that one where the character took a tour of the human body's inside, and had a long title. That was a classic.

In the 1980s, there was a special that came occasionally called the Body Human. This detailed how the body systems worked and what could go wrong. It too died out quickly after 1980, and was on maybe once per 6 months.

I liked the game show Press Your Luck, which ran from 1983-86. I liked seeing a contestant land on a whammy during this game.

In the 1990s, I watched the show Maximum Drive on the Family Channel (which is now extinct and I don't know where to even begin looking for episodes). It ran in 1994, with reruns into 1995. I also liked the games Finders Keepers, Fun House, Double Dare, Nick Arcade, and Guts. And the occasional military obstacle course race found on late night TV. During that time, I was a witless and was stuck with those simple programs. Before that, I was in the world (and thus beyond the hounders).

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

all in the family

bewitched

fantasy island

love boat

wonder woman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit