What Were Your Favorite Old TV Shows (From the 50's to the 90's)???

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Seinfeld deserves an honorable mention. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzZS2hwAuD8

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I used to watch these as a kid:

• The Rifleman
    • Bonanza
    • Have gun will travel
    • Leave it to Beaver
    • I love Lucy
    • Star Trek
    • The Flintstones
    • Giligans Island
    • Batman
    • The Avengers

I got out of the TV habit in my mid teens.

W

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- My wife loved watching X-files, Star trek series, and the Simpson's . Over the years I enjoyed watching the Johnny Carson Show, Get Smart, at times the David Letterman Show , anything with Rodney Dangerfield ( funny as hell ). As a child growing up watched Bonanza, Lost in Space ( warning Will Robinson ! ) , Gilligan's Island, I Dream of Jeannie . Lots of sit-coms, Sanford and Son, All in the Family, Mash, even Laugh-In was funny with the old man and Ruth Buzzi sitting on the park bench ! I think T.V. was much more entertaining then ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

james_woods recommends:

Have Gun, Will Travel
    Amen to that.

I know a magic worker spiritual teacher who recommends "Have Gun, Will Travel" as a way of understanding how good, upstanding people can possibly hex other people.

Oh, and –

• The Addams Family
    • Batman
    • Star Trek (up through Deep Space Nine)
    • Most PBS documentaries
    • Dark Shadows, for about a year
    • The Waltons
    • Maya, a drama set in India starring two abandoned/orphaned teenage boys (one American, one Indian) and an elephant; lasted less than a year. I was, what, twelve?
    • The Muppet Show

gently feral

• JK666
    JK666

Mystery Science Theater 3000. (Any MST3K fans here?)

JK

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

From the 60's

Green Hornet, Batman, Honeymooners(50's), Bewitched, Addams Family, Bonanza, Green Acres, Pettycoat Junction, I Spy, Man from Uncle, The Avengers, Rowan and Martin(Laughin), Ed Sullivan Show, I Love Lucy(50's), Beverly Hillbillies

70's

Longstreet, All in the Family, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, What's Happening, Good Times,Barney Miller, Mash, Monty Python, Julie, Mod Squad,Kojak,

I wonder where I had the time to study those wonderful publications such as Life Everlasting, Babylon the Great has Fallen, Then is Finished the Mystery,etc......,,

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

I used to watch Highlander with my grandmother...

Watching someone's head roll almost every episode was awesome.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Great memories come back, as a kid Highway Patrol, Dragnet...., later....Kojak Hill Street Blues NYPD Blue (all American cop shows)

latterly, Dallas (early series anyway) X Files...nothing much since then. They don't make em so good thesr days

• minimus
    minimus

I loved some game shows too: The Match Game was risque' for the 70s, Newlywed Game, any Chuck Barris production and Family Feud.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The High Chaparral was always one I never missed!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d5wsec8Iu5E&feature=related

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit