Why does the WTBT Society exist?

by Princess Daisy Boo 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

They don't really have the truth so it can't be that? Unless "they" at the top truly believe it - do you think they do?

Is it for monetary gain? Is it for the power trip that the GB gets from have so many million eager followers?

• Gopher
    Gopher

For the power over people.

• carla
    carla

To make our lives hellish?

and for the power over the people and their families, to save face for all the false prophecies and untruths, & money.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Presumably, to plunge the whole world into the Second Dark Ages.

• sacolton
    sacolton
    Why does the WTBT Society exist?

Simple. To fulfill legitimate prophecy from the Holy Bible ...

(Matthew 7:15-23) are from the Sermon on the Mount:

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."
    "At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. . . . For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect –- if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time" (Matthew 24:10-13;24 NIV).
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't think it's possible to make it to the top of the cult without knowing it's all a crock of sh*t. Most of us have never reached anything close to that level, yet we were able to see its falsehood without knowing most of the things that go on behind the scenes.

It's all about money and power.

W

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Well, how else can Jesus' words in Matt 24:14 be fulfilled? Of course Jesus needs a corporation on earth to be able to do this, dummy!

Ok, I see what he said in Matt 28 about having all authority in heaven and on earth, I get it, but how else could he make sure the good news would be preached around the world without a legal department and printing presses? Jeezlouise, get with the brainwashing program. That's why the WTBTS exists.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Why does the WTS exist?

Thats like asking why diarrhea exists.

Sirona

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

they can't accept that on a personal level everyone has their own truth - lack of imagination and lack of confidence in life imo are big reasons why they exist and keep going.

ql

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Sacolton - true - assuming you believe in the bible and that there really is a truth out there?

If it is the power, then it sure is some power trip!!! Very scary!

If it is the money, tell me how they make it? May sound like a silly question, but humour me!!!

We were talking today about one of those evangelists who came out here - they had credit card machines and were taking "tithes" of $1000 and more - now that is a shitload of money here! And people were just swiping their cards willy nilly. The dubs dont do that. Is it from the publishing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit