Do You Feel Better Because You Post On EXJW Boards?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• milliemootoo
    milliemootoo

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes......... I am just at the start of my healing but has helped no end!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

You bet!

Just found this on Paul Blizard's site:

LOL.

Sylvia

• yknot
    yknot

This keeps me sane and focused.

In the long run........well I am still too much of a ExJW newbie to know....(first time I identified myself as an "ex")

As for the rest......we are all on our own path. Some paths lead completely away, some to a medium ground because of unavoidable JWism, others extend help to those 'waking-up' about the 'troof'..........

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I found it to be very supportive. I thought I would only be here until I worked thru things but then I found myself continually coming back reading posts and posting, gathering information about the WBTS and other relgious entities and cults. I try not to get involved in the religious threads because I just do not have room for it in my life anymore.

Then found a few on here I like to converse with and rather enjoy it. I do like givin' shit and gettin' it back in return.

• milligal
    milligal

I've actually PM'd a couple people on here who have 'moved on' and only post occassionally now. I believe that is what happens when you work through an issue. BUT everyone works through things at a different pace and depending on your experience, your personality and any extenuating circumstances such as sexual abuse or depression, a person may take years or a lifetime to work through their experiences.

In my humble opinion, this board is a good thing. It allows many of us an outlet to a world where we are understood and do not get judged for things like: going through a horrible divorce and custody battle, starting college in your thirties, going through your teenage years in your twenties; all the things which may seem strange to the outside world, we all seem to understand pretty well here.

I don't think anyone should be judged for how quickly they 'move on' or heal from their past. It is a totally subjective marker on emotional health.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

I used to....

Nowadays I go in-and-out on the boards.

I (for the most part need to move on)

BUT; this and other boards were very therapeutic (SP?) for me....

• mind my own
    mind my own

Yes I do feel better. This has been a big part of my healing process!

MMO

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

It wasn't so much of posting here but what I have read of other's sharing their experience. It has really helped me to see that much of my self interpreted "craziness" was and is very normal and I just feel a lot more content with life and much more self respect.

I don't check in as often as the beginning but each time I do I learn something new

Thank you all for your bravery, clairity and kindness.xoxoxo

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

In reality, is it a good thing, in the long run?

Should the purpose of a board to be to give the person needed help and then the person should just move on?

Does being on a discussion board like this mean that you aren't really getting on in your life?

I dont know, I escaped the tower in 83.

I was getting on with my life.

I would have my occasional relapses, fits of anger, blaming the wactower for all my troubles. About once a week.

Then after being out of the tower 23 years, I found this place.

Maybe I am regressing.

Because I come here and blame the tower for my problems 7 days a week.

I plan on easing up once I hit 5000 post.

Then I'll see how addicted I am to this place.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Some people are lucky and some are not, this board provides some emotional release for those that are unlucky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit