Do You Feel Better Because You Post On EXJW Boards?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• fern
    fern

This Board is a great thing! I'm very new to it but have thought for years something like this would be a good thing for alot of folks. I got out at 18 and have now been out longer than I was in, but my upbringing with the j dubs has obviously had a lasting and profound affect on me. Talking about it with others helps.

Fern

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I don't know if better is the word I would use.

• zagor
    zagor

not really, I'm just killing some time, it will soon end. ;)

• DJ_Q
    DJ_Q

Very well put, Im a newbie and I am starting to feel the same way,

DJ_Q

• undercover
    undercover

For some people this board is a temporary place for support as they transition from being a JW to being an ex-JW.

For others who aren't completely cut off from the JW lifestyle, whether being married to an active JW or having a believing family and being the odd one out, this place is a respite from having to deal with the day to day JWisms that confront them.

To me...since I have family still in, I like to keep up with what's going on so I can be a step ahead of them. It's also good to know that I'm not alone...others understand what I'm going through. As time permits, I try to pass the favor on to newbies who are looking for support, just as we got it when we joined.

• oompa
    oompa

Comfort in numbers. I feel like much less of a FREAK here. It is good to know how many others there are.....THOUSANDS.....that have incredibly similar feelings to one another....oompa

Sometimes we are trapped in a spot where for some reason (and there are many) we just can't move on right away.......and ya....JWD helps that....Thanks simon and others

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If nothing else, it gives me a way to help ruin the Washtowel Slaveholdery without having the expense and hassle of setting up my own web site. Or worse yet, having to write a book and hoping that it sells.

• minimus
    minimus

This site gives us the latest developments that occur within the Organization.

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

Yes! This board is an outlet for me since I don't have friends that can relate to borg experience. Like Mrs. Jones said, as a result of coming here I knew I was in my right mind when I woke up.

• shamus100
    shamus100

My opinion is it's healthy, and not. If you get too wrapped up in the drama, it's time to move on. This isn't the real world, although that statement is even a gray area. I've seen a lot of people hurt and it's easy to forget that we can really hurt someone's feelings here weather we mean to or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit