Do You Feel Better Because You Post On EXJW Boards?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In reality, is it a good thing, in the long run?

Should the purpose of a board to be to give the person needed help and then the person should just move on?

Does being on a discussion board like this mean that you aren't really getting on in your life?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's a very good thing. For years just because I couldn't commit to the bOrg I thought I was crazy. By doing a little research (before the internet) I found out I wasn't but I still felt alone, there were no support groups like this, at least none that I knew of or had access to. Coming here just re-enforces that I wasn't crazy for not believing and there are others like me who woke up.

• minimus
    minimus

.....so, you haven't gone on with your life?

(Playing Devil's advocate, here)

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I post here because it keeps me entertained when I'm bored at work.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol, Oh I have gotten on with my life and being here is part of that.

• anewme
    anewme

Ditto Mrs. Jones.

Coming here and reading and posting was the beginning of my healing from the cult.

Even after I was dfd and out I was still under the strong influence of the JW cult and it brought misery to my life and troubled heart.

The healing began when I started to read that others felt the same way I did.

The more you post the sooner you heal!

• minimus
    minimus

I AM HEALED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm already at my 24 hour limit of 25 allowed so that's it for a while.,...Seeya!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

With that post count you should be. lol

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

I have been out for close to 8 or 9 years, and I have moved on with my life and things are going great. I am far better off then I should be, and I am happy with the direction of everything in my life! I am not there yet, but I will be eventually...

Though I am starting to find that this board can suck alot of time away from you, I am still staying afloat with everything!

I think the board, and others like it, is a great thing if you use it properly. It is like anything. Misuse, or abuse, something and it will probably abuse you back.

For me, I think it is interesting to see the various ways that many of us have moved on since alot of us at one point believed, or at least claimed we believed, the exact same thing. Plus, I am starting to enjoy reconnecting at least on some level with my old 'brothers and sisters' though mostly, I assume since I am new, I am just replying to other people as I have not established any 'board credibility' yet...I guess we will see what happens on that one!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

In reality, is it a good thing, in the long run?

For me, yes. Has had a normalizing effect. I'm not the only one.

Should the purpose of a board to be to give the person needed help and then the person should just move on?

I think a Board (such as this) is put to multiple purposes. One of them may be prodiving temporary assistance.

Does being on a discussion board like this mean that you aren't really getting on in your life?

For some that may be the case. For others, perhaps not. Does having a glass of wine each day mean you are an alcoholic?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit