What are your dreams?

by Renegade 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Renegade
    Renegade

One day, I was with my Grandma and she asked me what my dreams (for the future) were.

I told her I'd like to be in band because I love listening to, and making music. Plus, it'd be great if I could earn some good money with it.

She some how got the nerve to say,

"No, I mean a realistic dream."

I thought to myself,

"Yes, because living an everlasting life in paradise is a very realistic dream isn't it?"

I didn't say it out loud, because I was worried she may have started crying.

So this goes to show that Witnesses believe that humans can rarely ever accomplish anything. What are your dreams?

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I'd like it if you could be in a successful band too cos then you could look after me in my old age :)

Poppy

• *summer*
    *summer*

"No, I mean a realistic dream."

Keep dreaming:-)

P.S. Who wants to live an everlasting life without music, anyway???:-)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"Yes, because living an everlasting life in paradise is a very realistic dream isn't it?"

I didn't say it out loud, because I was worried she may have started crying.

It's all in how you phrase it.

"I'm looking forward to living forever in a world filled with trees, flowers, cuddley alligators, and naked people eating peaches and watermelons."

I used to remind my mom that the use of clothing was the first outward manifestation of sin, and that in a perfect world all would be naked, as Jehovah originally intended. That was usually enough to make her change the subject.

Never let anyone make you feel as though your not good enough, or that your dreams and goals are unattainable. It's your life. You decide what you want. Go for it!

W

• fifi40
    fifi40

Hello Renegade

I am guessing you are Poppy R's son in which case you spent New Years eve with me and judging by your mum's performance on sing star, if you have inherited her gene's (which I have a sneaky suspicion you have) then you should go for it...............

Fi

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My my 10 year old daughter just signed up and became a cheerleader. This was not a try-out process, anyone who wanted to do it just signed up. Yesterday, was the first day of cheer camp. My daughter was the tallest one there, at least a head taller than the next tallest girl. This is what she wants to do and I'm trying so hard not to dash her dream but I think she should be in something like basketball or track, which she in no way wants to be. She also wants to be a model, lord she has the height and the bone structure for it. She's lucky that she got both my husband's and my height and his bone structure (I'm big boned). I see myself in her, cuz I was the same way but unfortunate for me I had a mother who hated the fact that I was tall (grew to be taller than her) and chubby and never for one second let me forget it. The negativity was soulbreaking. I can't be that way with my daughter. She has to have her dreams.

• Renegade
    Renegade

PoppyR, can't I just dump you in a retirement home somewhere? (Joke, joke, I'll get you a mansion)

*summer*, I completely agree with you on that.

Finally-Free, I may try doing that.

fifi40, actually I'm planning to be either a drummer or a bass guitar player. I do remember though. I sang Smells like Teen Spirit like a thoroughly run over cat so I doubt that option.

I'm already quite good at drums and I've just started getting bass lessons.

mrsjones5, that is very true. It's good to let someone live their dreams.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I've been buying lottery tickets every night. Dreaming I will win. Then I will have a band and make money with it.

Winning the lottery would give me enough cushion to make music full time.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't know about dreams any more. I don't think I have any. I used to have them. Now it's more like escapist fantasy.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I read your post again and had a funny memory. When I first went to massage school, my mother asked me why I didn't get a "real job." I asked her what a real job was. She said, "bank teller." I said, "Mom, I make ten times what a bank teller makes." "Yes, but it's more respectable." Lowered expectations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit