What are your dreams?

by Renegade 17 Replies latest jw friends

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Hortensia you do massages???
    And you are all the way on other side of country from me :(

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My dreams were originally to be in a band. But growing up JW squashed all that of course. I remember my Mom asking me, "Wouldn't it bother you to play in a bar?" And I told her "No, actually, it wouldn't." Lately though I've been wanting to learn music production and be a record producer. Hey if I do it for a hobby anyway why not do it for a living, right?

• amama2six
    amama2six

To be a secretary!

Oh wait, that was my "we're not sending you to college" JW parents' dream for me...

Ummmm...to never expose my children to the insanity of the JW Cult? Yeah, that's a good dream. :D

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My dream is for my son to fulfill out all of his dreams and never feel like he is being held back...(like I was being raised a JW)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

actually to do massage was my dream. I read about Swedish massage in the Awake magazine when I was a kid and always wanted to do it. Only I thought you had to go to Sweden to learn it! I finally found a school in San Diego and haven't looked back. I've been doing massage for 26 years and teaching classes nearly that long. I own a massage school. I wrote some books. I guess I did live at least one of my dreams.

When I took some acupressure classes, my mother said she was really glad. "Now I can stop telling people my daughter does massage." From then on she told people I did acupressure for a living. She didn't know that all the sex parlors in San Diego (and there were a lot of them) advertised that they did acupressure. Hahahahahahaha

• zagor
    zagor

I'm not really a band material, unless it is one-man-band, but my dream would be to sail around the world if I ever get a chance.

• The Humper
    The Humper

my dream is to get my 1967 VW Beetle up and running. then over the years get it all the way fixed up SoCal style. hopefully as my son gets older, he'll take a liking to it and want to help me work on it so that when he turns 18 and graduates from high school ill be able to give it to him. or maybe hell want to get an oldschool car of his own and ill help him on his project car. itll be a father son bonding thing. something my father never did with me.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I no longer have any dreams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit