Would You Go Back?

by Dune 42 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

If they changed so much so as to be totally unrecognizable. But then I wouldn't be going "back", they'd be coming "forward".

• K.Matthews
    K.Matthews

Not even if Jesus himself materialized in front of me and told me it was really the truth. Not a chance I'll ever go back. Getting DFed was my escape from hell.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

However, in light of all these changes and possibly more to come, have you ever thought about returning to the religion?

Nope

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There was another thread about Stevie Nicks, so of course I was listening to
    Stevie and to Fleetwood Mac on youtube while reading JWD.

Let me combine what I found there with an answer to this thread.

Picture Lindsay Buckingham singing about a woman known to him as
    "The Truth." He is explaining how he saw through her but tried to deny it
    until it became impossible to deny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVZaEUK7Jys&NR=1

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I did go back to a few meetings recently after an abscence of 10 years plus. I left under a bit of cloud all those years ago and felt as though i needed to go back to re-examine it from the inside. It's a long story that i won't go into here.

But upon going back it made me realise that it was all BS. I was listening from a different point of view now after all the things i've learnt.

For me i needed to go back to put the final nail in the coffin, i didn't regret it and am glad i did. I now feel closure.

Paul

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only way I would ever go back to the Washtowel Slaveholdery would be if some group of men were to physically grab me (where I could not get away, with or without hurting them) and dragged me back in. And then they would have to have an arrangement to prevent me from accessing a computer, or from ever leaving the witlesses.

And even then, they had better watch out because I would do all I could to sabotage their calls and ruin their territory.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Go back says it all. We can never go back only forward. Would you go back to kindergarten? Why not? Because you've already been there done that and it's only for children. Oh and happy birthday Mandette!!

• DJ_Q
    DJ_Q

Maybe.

• gloobster
    gloobster

I would go back if and only if I could do so as part of a covert operations team with special James Bond type weapons. Like a laser pointer shaped like a cross. Or a 666 to shine on the elders heads during talks.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Hell no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit