Would You Go Back?

by Dune 42 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
    donny

Absolutely not. It's painful enough knowing I wasted a decade of my life serving those bozo's, so there is nothing that could make me subject myself to that torture again.

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

Nope.

• blondie
    blondie

No, I'm not suicidal.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I went back after being DF for nine years.

I gave it another chance.

I won't do that again.

purps

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

When I was younger I went back twice. Now there is no way in Hades. (Yeah I meant that) I try to even wrap my mind around where my families brains are and well it is hard to wrap your mind around nothing. They are zombies. Or leading a double life for who knows what. Any which way I look at it, I cannot even think about it. Makes me ill.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Their sins cannot be absolved by switching around meetings. If I were to ever go back, they'd have to publicly change their stance on child abuse, rescind the blood policy, encourage higher education, stop pushing pointless door-to-door "ministry," drop 1914, 1919, 1925, etc., quit trying to interpret prophecy with numerology, drop their eschatological beliefs, allow women to serve in the congregations, change completely their elder/minesterial servant/pioneer heirarchy, and a lot of other things. THEN, in a million years, I might consider it.

• Mandette
    Mandette

I've been hearing the same rumors. Meetings are changing. Things are relaxing. Attitudes are different(yeah right). Rumors that they have to change things because of declining attendance. And that they're losing many young ones. I don't like to say "never" about anything. BUT......I will not go back to something that made me feel like I could never do enough or be good enough. I will NOT live with a cloud of doom over my head. I will NOT go back to having nightmares about the "END"!!!!!!!! And I don't see those basic things ever changing with them.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

No, not even if they stop covering up domestic violence and child molestation.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Let us come to an understanding here, ok? I WASTED 43 YEARS OF MY LIFE BASED ON LIES !! I am a truthful man and I refuse to be part and parcel to ANY BODY that spreads a LIE!!!

NMG

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

are you smoking crack? hell no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit