Why Don't Witness Parents Get Angry?

by metatron 23 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

As an elder I always tried to encourage young people, especially those from single parent families, who were generally ignored. I was always being criticised for giving them things to do in the congregation. Mt argument was that giving them a role in the congregation, would make them feel more a part of it. The counter argument was they need to earn privledges.

So we had a vicious circle, kids were leaving because they were not part of the social cliques, so they didn't feel part of the congregation. When I tried to make them feel part of it, I was told I was out of line.

Strangely enough of the jobs went to elders and MS's kids.

What a crock of shit!!!

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Great thread! This has been very enlightening. I was raised by a strict JW father but never looked at things the way mentioned here. Dad loved us but loyally followed the counsel of the WTS.

I need to print this out and find a way to share it with my sis-in-law. She is trying desperately to reign in her 17 year old son and he is just being a normal kid--by the worlds standards--but not good enough for the JW's. But it is their fault. The last time he tried he was about 15 and went to all the effort to make 4 homemade sweet potato pies to contribute to a local KH remodel. When he called the elder in charge to tell him about the pies and ask if he could donate them, he was told no. They didn't need them. He was so crushed he stopped trying. Now he does drugs but is still the same good kid underneath all the hurt and rejection.

• nugget
    nugget

Parents do not get angry because a) they went against the societies advice about not having children until the new order, b) raising the children is their responsibility so if the child goes astray then it is their responsibility they failed not the society and c) they are worried if they make waves they will be accused of murmering and making trouble.

Some of us do get angry and we leave.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Why Don't Witness Parents Get Angry?

Because they are 'Mind Cleansed!'

Watchtower, June 1, 1953

"Minds must be cleansed" (Watchtower, June 1, 1953, p. 350 par. 24).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkEIyG2muEQ&feature=channel_video_title

Hmmmmmm!

Mind = Brain

Cleansed = Washed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit