Stevie Nicks -- witch?

by gloobster 27 Replies latest jw friends

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

I remember a long time ago that my mom told me that Stevie practices witchcraft. She had this really popular song that I liked ( don't remember the name). Never was allowed to watch it because of the witch rumor.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Part of the reason is that she has always liked the enchanted, mystical/gothic,gypsy,flowing type oufits as well as the color black.

Like in this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxPD9oZpYGc

One of my favs

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Exactly.That's one of my favs too.

• jamiebowers
  • Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The rumos began with Rhiannon I think. She also used to give off an etheral appearance as sort of an earth mother nymph type gal.

I would labored long on my knees for her once upon a time.....

YUMM

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Re: The "Stand Back" video...

I always dug the female dancer with the plaid top and beret...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks to Mrs. Jones for that excellent link to "Stand Back." That's about the
    best of Stevie Nicks.

I will grant that the discussion has already covered why Stevie Nicks would be
    thought to be involved with witchcraft, but there is another aspect of this- MARKETING.

Stevie Nicks is a serious songwriter and a serious singer. Her songs combined with her
    voice have a spiritual or mystical quality to them- many say it is a "dark" quality. She is
    not alone in this, but it is rare in "pop" music- as certainly Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks
    would be defined as "rare" in the pop music world. In an era of music videos, the producers
    had to find a way to sell Stevie.

They cashed in on her mystical, dark, or spiritual connection with the audience and expanded
    on it by having her wear black or white flowing silky outfits and having her in the middle
    of the video with bright light behind her.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A 2001 song named Sorcerer probably made anyone who thought about this
    rumor feel that she really was a witch or into witchcraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0kOzTgRXmw&feature=related

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit