When you left? Did you think that you were gonna get struck by lightening?

by MsMcDucket 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

By this time I knew that Jehovah was not "sitting on the clouds" and Witnesses also get struck by lightening.....and may God strike me dead if I still believe in him.........COMMON YEHWEH.... BRING IT ON BITCH!!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    By this time I knew that Jehovah was not "sitting on the clouds" and Witnesses also get struck by lightening.....and may God strike me dead if I still believe in him.........COMMON YEHWEH.... BRING IT ON BITCH!!

I didn't know that anyone had responded to this thread. I thought it had went to the land of UNANSWERED threads! Real deep dead web space!

Witness you sound like you'd strike God with lightening if he showed up! I'm scared of you!

To everyone for some reason after I disassociated myself, I thought I was a goat. Lord knows, I was too scared to doubt in the existence of God. It's just totally unChristian like. It was after I had went to a convention 18 years later that I really disconnected from the borg and was not afraid of it's teachings or the teachings that I was raised in.

For some strange reason, I never believed that I could be happy in a Paradise Earth. It just seemed SO unnatural. I can't explain it.

Thanks to everyone that responded. Now, I don't feel like such a dunce for asking this question!

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was struck twice. You can imagine how I felt. I wrote about it in a previous post. My Hubby was in the hospital,My daughter drove me to the Hospital, the lightning came through the back window & stuck the cast I had on my wrist.Very scary.... The DR said it was good I was in a car?

The second time I was still a jw ,all my kids were visiting -lovely sunny day - they went shopping left me with one little one 5 yrs old who fell asleep in fornt of the TV -I turned the TV off -put her in bed.

A Terrible thunder Storm came up .....My window was open & my back door.The lightning came right through the house the TV smoked Then the thunder was deafening.All the people on the street was yelling it has struck here somwhere !!!!!!! Yes it had MY HOUSE!!!!!!

The tv didnt work after .I was in Montreal -so called a repair man- he couldnt speak english ,but came running to me in absolute wonder with the steal part of the TV completly in half --like a knife had cut it.
    He was asking" HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?"I had to show him

But it made me look into the Bibles explanation who was responsible the Devil or God....Then came to the conclusion I was a second hand JOB LOL

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I feared some sort or wrath, not necesarily feared it, but curiously wondered if it would come, as a sign I was wrong. When it didn't come, I realized I was ok.

• trevor
    trevor

No. I thought I was going to spend more time in the pub - and I did!

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread ! No, not at all. I felt no guilt at all - as I saw through the BS injustice by the elders and had a moment of clarity to see the real " truth " about the truth. I had no fear because I knew it was false. I went to my seat before a meeting, picked up my books, and walked out of the knigdom hall , never going back again ! Best decision I ever made

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

No, I didn't. I had full confidence that I had a better and closer relationship with (Jehovah) than the elders did. I was right... I did, and I still do.

Mouthy, that is just incredible about you being struck by lightening twice! I knew you are magnificently special and magnetic, Woman, but that takes the cake!

Love,
    Baba.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Mouthy, I have often heard that people that have been struck by lightening are very thirsty. Did this phenomena happen to you?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for the comment about me being special. ( glad you wont ever met me in person(
    Ms . Thirsty?? Dont think so. I am a diabetic -thought that was why I am thirsty, Maybe...!!!

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

Yep,got it right in the Ass!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit