When you left? Did you think that you were gonna get struck by lightening?

by MsMcDucket 26 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

It shows how deeply this stuff is drilled into our heads!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Not struck by lightening per se, but it did take me a long time to make my peace with what I was taught and where I ended up. Since then I've embracd the dark side and have no more concience issues to speak of

Oddly enough, I still feel out of sorts and a bid paranoid when in any place of worship. Churches in general make me nervous and I fully expect to either spontaneously combust or be struck by lightening one of these days.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

By the time I started having my own thoughts, I didnt believe god would be pissed at me for looking at JWD.

By the time I made the break I didnt believe in gods or the big A anymore.

• blondie
    blondie

By the time I left, I knew that nobody at the KH had any power over me and that God was not listening to the WTS or any individual jws.

• bem
    bem

Oddly enough, I still feel out of sorts and a bid paranoid when in any place of worship. Churches in general make me nervous and I fully expect to either spontaneously combust or be struck by lightening one of these days.

Being in churches really gave me problems then.... I spent some time in places of worship,a few summers back and as awesome as they were ( they were in England and the structures themselves were older than America by several decades, not older than the dirt here know what I mean?anyway) Being in them helped me realize how much humans will take care of whats important to them, be it a structure another human or an item of value, or an article of no value to anyone but us! They were just places, Having said that. For a while there YES, I was pretty sure hell was gonna break loose and it was gonna hit me!. but 4 years later I am such a calmer more at peace person than ever before! Thank's to people. ....................Oh and garden faries

• chickpea
    chickpea

someday WT, you will have to
    stop holding back and tell us
    exactly how you feel.....

prior to JWD and the epiphany
    of understanding the cult nature
    of the b0rg that was midwived to
    existence..... i was not so much
    paranoid about what god would "do",
    more likely i was conflicted about
    "losing my religion"

happy to report that nearly
    8 months or so into "recovery"
    i dont give a rat's @ss what the
    god of the b0rg is up to

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

when i was Df it was something like that.

when i walked away, NO..........I got struck with a bit of peace.

purps

edited to add: I just noticed I am over 7000 posts!!!!

• Quandry
    Quandry

For awhile I hoped I would get struck by lightning to put me out of my misery....It was very dissilutioning. But now, I do not fear lightning bolts. I don't have answers, I feel I am just along for the ride like every other human on the planet.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

No. I'm still sadenned by things I see the Borg doing, but I have no doubts that it and its 'God' are completely powerless.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I got struck by a sense of giddiness when I skipped my first meeting on purpose and went to Michael's Craft store while the kids were at the meeting. WOW!

They ignore me so much now (cong.) that I have been able to get away with absolutely everything without getting caught. I'm not even that careful, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit