Sometimes it's really hard...

by mrsjones5 32 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you for the thought but a flame war is not necessary...I don't think I'm mentally up for that even in jest.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey there Mrs.J - I've often felt the same way. When that happens I take a break and come back later. Now I mostly read (lurk) and don't post much anymore.

I hope all is well on the home front.

nj

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah I think it might be that time again.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

or maybe I'll just avoid certain topics and people...kinda like I do in real life

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've been here a little over a year, and I get the same feeling sometimes.

It'll pass. I LOVE hearing about your hubby and kids.

Sylvia

• Blasty
    Blasty

yeah, message boards are an interesting social atmosphere, especially depending on it's rules/moderator levels. And due to these things, it can cause unfortunate problems in the potential variance of content or focus.

If we could give someone an evil eye before they clicked the post button, the message board system would be perfect haha.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    or maybe I'll just avoid certain topics and people...kinda like I do in real life

Yup and really it's not hard to do. Sometimes I'm reading a thread and come across someone I just can't tolerate and I fast forward through it unitl I get past it. The best thing about this discussion board, you can ignore what and who you want. Make faces at stupid stuff and not even hurt any feelings. Chime in and say a word or two, or just read and move on to the next one.

The one thing I find helpful is sometimes I don't post on a thread but I will send a PM to that person if I think what I have to say may make a difference.

nj

Edited to add: Opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink!

• oompa
    oompa

so sorry...but what did I miss? Why is it hard for you and others? I have been spanked aplenty here....but deserved it....LOVE YOU GUYS!!!..........oompa

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

(((Hugs)))

Feel better Mrs.Jones, alot of us here value your opinions and contributions. I always try to remember its the internet, when I don't like something, I can walk away from the computer at any time, take a break and focus on real life. I guess that helps me to not let things that bother me, linger for longer than a minute. Someone told me once, no one can hurt you, unless you let them. I find that works well for me.

• John Doe
    John Doe

You know how you can tell a blind man in a nudist colony?

It ain't hard. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit