My wife is gonna look at apostate info

by 10p 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• oompa
    oompa

i would too.......best wishes.......oompa

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis
    That's all I wanted from her. I can't imagine how after finding out the truth about "The Truth(R)" she could still want to believe in it

yeah - i had hoped the same. i even presented the info in the manner of these are just some things i've discovered and that are leading to my self-evaluations - and i want you to understand why i'm making the decisions i am - i told her i had no intention of trying to change her thinking and was completely able to let her have her own spiritual growth as she needed to and hoped she could respect mine. alas that wasn't the case - due in part i think to a lot of pressure from her parents.

but - every situation is different and the fact she is asking is a positive sign. she may just be asking so she can try to refute them, but you never know if something will catch her interest like something initially caught yours, mine, and most other people's on this board.

again - best of wishes - especially due to my situation i pray for every other person in a marriage to be able to get their partner out safely.

Morph

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

I have to agree on taking this slowly. Limit your subjects, and be careful to be respectful.

The only thing that ever got through to my husband was when I pulled out the Bible only and went through a series of scriptures about the blood issue.

I started with the scriptures showing blood could actually be eaten in the Mosiac Law under some circumstances. Then I went through to "abstain from blood and from things sacrificed to idols" and I showed him the scripture a few pages over where the "sacrificed to idols" bit was actually a conscience matter. I finished by reading Matt 12. Sorry I haven't put most of the scriptures in here - I think this was outlined in CofC. I'm running short of time but I wanted to drop a post to you quickly. Send me a PM if you need the passages.

xx

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Can I also suggest www.silentlambs.org ?

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Just pick one subject and learn it well. Study it just like a #1 talk, or like a back call....(return visit). Then have your wife ask the elders if it's true. If it is true she will get called under the carpet.

• bobld
    bobld

Maybe she wants some ammo for the Elders.

Bob

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Let her have a look at www.jwfacts.com - she can go at her own pace.

That's where I started and I went straight for the things that interested me and quickly realised it was a fair, objective site without emotion.

But be there for the aftermath.

Hope it goes as well as can be.

Sam

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I really like the JW facts site too. I read there a lot at the stage before I was comfortable with this place. I think the gay/straight thread type talk would be too much for a full on JW. Not that I'm criticising, just saying.

• heretic
    heretic

leave her alone with 'watchtower quotes' that should do the trick

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I didn't read all of the other comments yet, but would she be open to reading "Crisis of Conscience"? That was a real eye opener for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit