My wife is gonna look at apostate info

by 10p 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• 10p
    10p

I never thought we'd be here. never

AFter a long discussion last night, my wife now wants to know the 'other side of the story'. what made me leave. she isn't scared of apostate information anymore and wants me to provide her with info.

only trouble is, I dont even know where to start!!! But I'm just SOOOO, SOOOO happy inside.

soooo , sooooooo happy

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

whatever you do, dont show her the hate laden drivel that many times resides here..
    show her the facts

• avishai
    avishai

The UN website is a good start. And a little immodium should help with your other problem.

• yknot
    yknot

alt

What is her strong hold?

I know for me it was the whole 'appointed' FDS/GB.....once that was gone they were just another denomination in Christendom!

The Finished Mystery was definitely not 'food at the proper time' and Rutherford's claims about 1260 days is totally bogus along with the whole 'railroading'...(see court transcripts). Rutherfords comments about angels communicating with him and holy spirit not needed was the final nails in my JW are special coffin!

Why not ask her about things that have bothered her......let her doubts, issues take the lead.

Or suggest that you know a website with a mixed bag of JWs, ex JWs etc that she could ask anonymously about any and everything!

alt again!

• V
    V
  • steve2
    steve2

It may seem obvious, but it can never be stated often enough: Don't expose her to too much too soon. I've known many Jws who have seemed to want to look more closely at "apostate" information and who experience lots of anxiety when they begin to do so. Of course, it's a perfectly normal reaction for any person to experience this when they re-examine long-held beliefs, but some JWs take this normal anxiety as "evidence" they must be doing something wrong.

Let her go at her own pace and don't try to come across as knowing the answers to her many questions.

• flipper
    flipper

10 P- I would also show her the child abuse scandal information in which the Watchtower society has hidden and protected pedophiles in their organization- while letting children get abused from traveling pedophiles going from congregation to congregation without getting caught or disciplined. Silent Lambs .com would have some information you could show her. They may also have links to the news articles dealing with witness molesters like Gilbert Simental who have been convicted to 40 years to life for child abuse ! It would show her all is NOT well in witnessville ! Good luck, I'm happy for you bro, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I highly recommend Timothy Campbell's website Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses. It isn't so in-your-face "apostate" in its approach that could be a potential turn off for many doubting Witnesses.

Dave

• 10p
    10p
    Why not ask her about things that have bothered her......let her doubts, issues take the lead.

I never thought about doing it that way. Thanks for the suggestion.

Are you guys sitting on triggers? 8 posts in just a few minutes!!! Thanks everyone.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Maybe you shouldn't call it apostate info. but rather common sense info.

scrutinizing and analyzing what corrupt men have done is moral responsibility for all mature adults

Good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit