The body of elders are worthless today!

by JK666 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

You can say that again! They weren't worth much years ago either, but at least back then we had congregation picnics and get-togethers! Now, there is nothing. They are all kept so busy with meetings, field service, and Judicial Committees that they barely have time for their own lives, much less anyone elses.

I almost feel bad for them, minus the fact that they are judgemental brown-nosers who usually burn out before their prime under the sea of hypocrisy and self-righteousness!!

- Wing Commander

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

These days, they are hounders. When I was in, I saw them go from bad to worse. We had one that was reasonable, though still under the influence of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. However, the lead hounder was envious and antimaterialistic.

And I have seen it deteriorate from there. About all they have now is hounders with no education. They do not go to college. They do not go online (except for their own web site and for businesses that require Internet commerce). They charge for rides to and from the boasting sessions, when they live less than 1/2 km away (and would use next to no extra time or gas on the trip). They assign people duties, and they shove pioneer and Kingdumb Hell pledge forms in your face. And they do their best to bust up any relationships with the opposite sex.

Of course, they wonder why I wasted their time and energy by slithering out.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I have been OUT for 25 years but my Mom was in and she was telling me how loving and helpful the "brothers" were. When I was in as a child my Dad was the Elder and he truely helped the Flock, arranged for someone to help the elderly and sick and pitched in to do actual physical work if someone needed it. So I really believed the stuff about helping one another and that the Witnesses were the truth.

I left the Borg at 18 and came back in at 28 thinking I had made a mistake leaving the loving JWs. What I saw shocked me. No one wanted to help at all. They were arrogant and disinterested. It might have just been that congregation but I was shocked to say the least. There was a lady from Jamica in my congregation, she was working as a live in housemaid for a family, the parents both were physicians. She had no car and no public transportation near her. A elder lived close to her and another elder lived on my street also. Neither would pick her up and take her to the meeting. They both had no kids and nice big late model cars. I had 3 little kids, one being a baby a unbelieving husband and a OLD beat up unreliable car. I was the one that picked her up and took her home. It was almost like the folks in that congregation were prejudice about her. She was the sweetest most humble person I have ever met. This was 1979/1980.

At the same time my Mom who stayed in till she died was having trouble at her congregation. My dad was now out of the truth, said there was favortism and hypocrisy. Her congregation she said was spiritually weak and no one helped her even though she was physically and mentally sick. No one called to encourage her or help her. She just blamed the congregation not the Society. She said there was something wrong in the congregation and it needed cleaning up before Jehovahs spirit would be there again.

I left the Borg and didn't worry about the whole thing for a long time. Then my Mom got sick in 2006 and was dying. I went to take care of her. Some days I needed help and I had to beg to get help from her only friends the JWs. They did Not want to help her. I had to hire someone to take up the slack for me, and my Mom would only have a JW to help her, No one worldly would do. So I had to pay $1500 a month to a "sister" to sit with my Mom 5 nights a week. For housecleaning my Mom had hired a sister and paid her. She needed work on the house but no one would do it unless they were paid. My husband ended up doing it even though my Mom defended the brothers and said they were having health problems etc. She couldn't see that no one wanted to help her unless they got Paid. I was totally shocked and realized then what a bunch of two faced hypocrites they were. My poor Mom thought they all loved her.

My 2 cents

Velvet

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Love is spiritual you are dealing with a legal corporation that exist through enforcement of rules that can withstand court actions.

Love for the flock cannot be dictated by rules it based on action of compassion putting the needs of others ahead of your own. Those men are long gone they meet their fate when they disobeyed rules to help someone.

Or the burned out when rules became so heavy they could not breathe. JW's removed spiritual people from the flock years ago the idea of being spiritual is beyond them.

• yknot
    yknot

I have said it before the only men the WTS is looking for and wants to retain are...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit