The body of elders are worthless today!

by JK666 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Depends on the elder..They were useless 30yrs ago..The odd HS or Seeker4,shows up now and again.....But..They are few and far between.................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• JK666
    JK666

Outlaw,

I buy the seeker 4 comment, but don't push it! HS is BS.

JK

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JK666..I know you don`t get along with HS.....But....HS and I know each other,both on and off this board..He is a good and caring man..He just does`nt take Bullsh*t..........I find that an admirable quality in a person...............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• JK666
    JK666

Outlaw,

You probably know him in a "Biblical" sense. Enjoy.

JK

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The burn-out rate among the "good-hearted" elders is way too high to expect the BoE to accomplish anything above the bare minimum in the congregation.

For any of the elders that are caring and would like to do more in practical ways to help the friends, you are going to have way too many other things get in the way. With all the meeting parts, service, judicial crap, assemblies, their own jobs, and families, most realize that they are already way over their heads. Then the CO comes, so there's a flurry of paperwork to get done before, then the CO hounding, and then the post-CO-traumatic-stress syndrome, where they might finally take a vacation.

I thought that by serving as an elder, I'd be helping the friends. Nope, as an elder you serve the interests of the bOrg.

B the X

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JK666..Dude,you can be the most vulgar person on the board..Is that what you want for yourself?..I think you can do better.....Your an AssH*le!!..Is that what you want?.......People like you..Then you slip into a dark side..It`s not pleasant..........Think about what I have said..Don`t do it Drunk!....Then reply.......................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Today?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Out of all the elders that I've seen come and go there were only 2 that stood out for me. I can't remember their names, but they had a genuine love for their flock. The one moved away to another congregation - I was sad to see them go. The other (bumped him a few years ago) had left the organisation and when I asked him why, he told me it was getting in his way of being a good father and husband, that being an elder in the org was stealing from his family time - I wish I could bump him again - we used to get on so well!

• carla
    carla

"They kept passing the buck, and finally "referred her" to the local voluntary action center." --well, now that's a fine witness to us outsider types!

• free2think
    free2think

the elders in my former congregation are all very caring - its just that they don't all care about the same things as me. They have defined their area of care (I guess) and they stick closely to it as they are otherwise very overworked. why am I saying this? Well my hubby is a very hardworking caring elder in his own way and I'm certainly not going to call him worthless- my 2 cents worth

ql

oops - using f2t's computer again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit