THIS, my friends is KILLING the Watchtower Society....RIGHT NOW!

by RedPill2006 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

Many Jehovah’s Witnesses are becoming depressed and burned out from the lack of refreshing spiritual uplift. The Watchtower puts forth a treadmill of monotonous activity that is micro-managed from Brooklyn. Many are simply slowing down due to discouragement. Those who are very intelligent and creative people do not have any kind of outlet for their talents and abilities in the organization. Many must turn to food and alcohol to supress their dissonance.

Ah, yes....the after meeting restaurant runs.....that was the only real pleasure of a meeting day....I remember.

Especially now that the WT meetings are shortened, and there is no allowance for any deviation from the outline, the meetings will become ever more bland and uniform.

Perhaps they will soon begin showing videos of pre-recorded talks and the elder could just pantomime, as in the dramas at the conventions.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Go to any Kingdom Hall in North America......look around.....how many young adults do you see? What I mean, is the 18-30 year old range? Not many. Any young children are being dragged there by their parents, and any ones over 30, 40, 50 are truly indoctrinated, or were converts. (What little there are of converts)

What exactly, does the WatchTower offer to retain young people, and also bring new ones in? My non-JW wife upon attending a meeting couldn't believe how bland, boring, lifeless the meeting was. I had never heard it described that way, but felt that way. It made me wonder what I was mssing in mainstream Christendom.

If the Governing Body is reading this then I ask, "What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you burdening and beating the flock?" You are beating them right out the door, and use the ol, "God is doing the seperating work" line. What rubbish.

I knew alcoholics that genuinely wanted help, but when they went to AA meetings were completely looked down upon and guilted into doing something so "worldly." Incredible!!!

As a young person, I was imaginative and creative, and I was completely bored out of my mind with the monotinity of living the JW lifestyle, not being allowed to do ANYTHING until I was 16 and could drive. Getting a job and a car allowed me sooo much freedom, you can't even imagine.

- Wing Commander

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The stagnation in the washtowel is even worse than Starbucks, which I think could pull off a regeneration of their former image if they listen to the free market. The Washtowel won't even do that.

In the washtowel, I have noticed changes from the late 1980s. There used to be picnics and gatherings. These had a number of responsible people in them, and would end at a reasonable hour. These are gone.

Field circus has gotten much simpler. Back in the 1980s, they would give you a topic to discuss. They would give you two scriptures or scripture fragments, and then lead to the placement. These days, it is just knock and place a waste of paper, and then go to the next door and place another waste of paper.

The boasting sessions are more canned. We sometimes had comments that looked at things differently from what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger brought out, and the conductor had to integrate them into the lesson. They had latitude to develop talks. Now, that's gone.

The new releases in the late 1980s were decent quality. True, the material in them was crap. But the bindings were somewhat attractive. And they had some original content, even if they were all lies. These days, they are paperbacks of crappy quality with the same old crap remixed differently.

The whole year is pretty much homogenized. You start with the new circus year (pioneer). There is a Big Boasting Session (some will have the Great Boasting Session now). There will be Pioneer October. There will often be a Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign. And then you have the Grand Boasting Session Musical Hotel Rooms session, and the REJECT Jesus Party Waste of Paper campaign. Pioneer. Go to the REJECT Jesus Party. Pioneer. Another Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign for the Grand Boasting Session. The Grand Boasting Session, the same as the previous ones. And back to another circus year.

I prefer the world.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Stifling innovation, individuality, and creativity leads to apathy. Once people stop giving a damn, the end isn't far off.

W

• Alexia
    Alexia

When I was a kid-teen I remember there was always something social going on every week at least:

Potlucks after FS
    Potlucks after the Sunday meetings
    Snacks and coffee after the (home based) book study
    Dinners at a restaurant (that didn’t involve SO/DOs)
    Kids would get together and play baseball, basketball, etc on the weekends
    Roller and ice skating
    Bowling
    Camping that would sometimes *gasp!* miss a meeting
    BBQs at peoples homes in the summer and a large congregation BBQ at a local park once a summer.
    They even threw a formal dance for the teens that couldn’t go to the prom complete with limos, professional photos and DJs.

We had musicians and artists in the congeration. No more.

The older I got, the less people did. Every get-together was a reason to be reprimanded. Everyone turned into drones.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

In my old congregation all the fun was prohibited--and since the gatherings were always the entire cross-section of the congregation, that pretty much ensured that all it was were older people sitting around in a community room in lawn chairs stuffing their faces with food. The young people? Hah, we stood outside and chatted. That was as much as we could do.

• TopHat
    TopHat

The Watchtower LAWYERS have everything in place so that when the last of the original dinosaurs die, they will divide the WTS fortune among themselves in my opinion. It won't be long now. The end is near.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Good post they have scared and killed the life out of people by denying them social interaction away from the hall. Think about it, you cant even get together with friends and go over the WT as a group of more than 5?!?

I remember back in the day we had congo picnics, BS treat nights and gatherings all the time. I believe they started putting the clamps down on such activities in the mid-late 90's. Its my theory that in the mid-late 90's they had another smaller 75 fiasco. With the generation change and the hint that the end of the 20th century could have some meaning, they started to reign in what little free spirit there was in the congo's.

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

Very good points from you all ! So it confirms that there is a decay, or should I say a "spiritual decadence"....that brought down the Roman Empire and other dictatorships. I have a work colleague from Iran (she doesn't support the regime and is non-religious, quite Western and modern) and she told me that people start they're own "little revolutions" - first in they're minds, it all starts from the inside....than they try to get for example forbidden Hollywood movies.....some hook secretly up to the Internet (wink, wink Watchtower...) and than start sharing ideas with friends, family members.....

.....THAT is the substance of disintegration, slow but sure enough> EROSION from within. Political Analysts said the same thing about the former Soviet Union > people had enough! You can only beat people so long.

There might be a "silent revolution" going on > in peoples minds!

At least that is what I personally suspect...

RedPill2006

• agent zero
    agent zero
    The Watchtower LAWYERS have everything in place so that when the last of the original dinosaurs die, they will divide the WTS fortune among themselves in my opinion. It won't be long now. The end is near.

that would be something!! what do you base it on though?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit