THIS, my friends is KILLING the Watchtower Society....RIGHT NOW!

by RedPill2006 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

Canadian archaelogist Zhichun Jing, writing about the decline of the highly creative Shang dynasty, said "...after a century the Shang vitality slackened. The initial diversity and creativity devolved into a dull sameness. By the end we see that things like their pottery, architecture and artwork had become standardized and simplified." (End of Quote)

Jing says that this phenomenon in the archaeological record suggests that people had less freedom to express their individuality and became less creative. When a Society/Organization becomes rigid and homogenous, theres greater potential for collapse.

"Standardized and simplified".....Does that ring a bell? (pun intended...)

THIS is exactly what I see - i've had recently the Watchtower reading (yes, i keep receiving privy leges....the HS can't obviously tell the difference from an "Boot-licking-Ministerial Servant" and an full-fledged apostate...but, well that's another topic).....BUT, what I saw (looking into the room) was faces that are sad, depressed and without any vitality....I started to count how many of those in the auditorium had severe depressive states of mind and came to 14 (known cases!) out of 110 publishers....the interesting part is that some of those where people with active lifes BEFORE they became JW....

RedPill2006.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Nice analogy!

When a Society/Organization becomes rigid and homogenous, theres greater potential for collapse.

Diversity is a very precious asset indeed.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Redpill, I recently told my boss, that I was on antidepressants. I have worked closely with him for 6 months. He said he never would have guessed, in the way I conduct myself at work. I am always smiling, and continue to put a bounce in my step. Mainly because I am 48 years old, and almost the oldest among the workers. I feel that I need to prove myself more, because of my age.

When I get home, I crash.

I would bet, that the number would amount to many more than your 14. But you may never know, because antidepressants are taboo, for some JW's, my mother included. Some would rather people just not know. Others are good about taking medication, and hiding the fact, and people think they are naturally happy.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Interesting...

Social gatherings are almost non-existant among the JWs compared to when I was a kid. They are discouraged, and who has the time, energy, or money to bother. Everybody just goes home and watches TV... which doesn't build creativity either.

Fortunately at least, I'm in a congregation that still values humor. Many neighboring congregations pretty well beat the humor out of the sheeples. The standard practice is to smother everyone into bland conformity. Reproof and gossip are aimed at those that don't sufficiently conform. From the canned music, to the preprogrammed meeting outlines and "studies", there is nothing 'refreshing' to be found in the WT.

Of course the bOrg emphasizes "simplify your life" to do more, more, more for the bOrg. Speaking as someone that's done that, it's a waste of potential. Instead of having a personal life that I could enjoy, that was 'simplified' out of existance and my life was complicated by WT responsibility as pioneer, Bethelite, elder, a whole crapload of unending and often unpleasant work that still left you thinking you need to 'simplify' more. So, I 'simplified' my life by leaving Bethel and am working on 'simplifying' myself right out of the bOrg.

Thanks for sharing, Redpill.

B the X

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

Billy, horrible:

Right so my friends!

I'm simplifying my life, too - just barely going by to please the family (my mother 40 years in the troof, my wife, etc.)

As soon as they announced that the book study was being dropped (in 2009 because it is now considered a burden), I stopped attending altogether.....i have the burden NOW, you miserable crock heads in Brooklyn, .....NOW. Not in 2009. So I stopped to go immediately.

RedPill2006

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Their convoluted bullshit is starting to catch up to them now, ever more so since this age of information that we are living in.

This tower of deception is starting to turn into thin plastic and the foundations are starting to crumble

My feelings are that this tower is going to eventually collapse and take down a bunch of people with it.

Maybe Babylon the Great will indeed finally fall.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

This is a major reason why the Watchtower is having such a difficult time retaining its youth. The "one size fits all" regimen that is institutionalized into the JW lifestyle does nothing to address the individual and diverse needs of its members.

I have noticed that other large churches are light years ahead of the Watchtower when it comes to understanding and working in accord with the challenges of its members. One large non-denominational church that is located in the city where I live, has several smaller groups which are organized to address specific needs. There are free support groups for single mothers, teenagers, fathers, people suffering from depression, and one for those suffering from alcohol dependency.

There are also groups which are organized once a month for recreation such as a men’s mountain biking trips, women’s sewing, or teenager outings. The church also has a group of musicians and singers who perform for the church services.

These activities contribute to the refreshment, mental and emotional well-being of the flock, and help develop a closer cohesiveness. The Watchtower leadership would never allow such activities to be organized. Through their sycophants (the traveling overseers), the leadership would squash such activities like a bug.

Many Jehovah’s Witnesses are becoming depressed and burned out from the lack of refreshing spiritual uplift. The Watchtower puts forth a treadmill of monotonous activity that is micro-managed from Brooklyn. Many are simply slowing down due to discouragement. Those who are very intelligent and creative people do not have any kind of outlet for their talents and abilities in the organization. Many must turn to food and alcohol to supress their dissonance.

It is laughable that the Watchtower would blame "Satan" or "this system of things" for the large number of youths who leave the organization. Such statements are nothing short of immature, and arrogant self-servingness. The organizational leadership has no one to blame but themselves. The Watchtower leadership unfortunately, has no ability to accept personal responsibility or engage in any kind of meaningful self introspection. They choose to blame the rank and file, or "this system of things" instead. They choose to play the blame game. The blame game is a hallmark characteristic of incompetent managers, and petulant children.

• RedPill2006
  • RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

Jeremy> good points....very well said.

Another point is they think that becoming an Witness will help to loose your fears (fear of death, fear of hellfire) and instead they MULTIPLIED those fears by an exponential factor! Think about it:

Fear of loosing it before Armageddon, Fear of not pleasing Jehober, Fear of your own sins/thoughts, Fear of persecution, Fear, Fear, Fear......heck, when I was young I even feared to talk openly, since I was thaugth that the big, bad boy Satan can't read your mind but uses whatever you say/do against you...so for a while I was a very sad kid, that barely talked, so S. couldn't hear me.....crazy, isn't it? They even fear dying before the big A, because otherwise you will ressurrect as a sexless drone that is condemned to plant tomatoes forever and read the WT magazines.....

.......I once visited a doctor, and she asked me what the matter was with our religion since amongst her patients, the highest rates of depressions where from Witnesses....she was a friendly lady, that I used to witness, and I could see that she was seriously concerned....

RedPill2006.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Bravo! Absolutely true! That they had nothing for individual needs is one of the reasons I stopped going on and off my whole life. I'd go really well for a while and when that became redundant and pointless, I'd quit only to start up again later when I was guilted into going back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit