THIS, my friends is KILLING the Watchtower Society....RIGHT NOW!

by RedPill2006 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

The lack of anything truly fun in the borg is increasing daily. Where there used to be picnics, skating parties, bands sharing their music, etc., there is nothing. They discourage any "large groups" getting together, so there goes most of the activities that all could choose to join in.

I've seen some try to start some regular activities for the youths, only to have things curtailed by the co when he came around to discourage the congo. So the youths are ignored as well as the elderly. Now they discourage people from even studying the Bible together, as someone might come up with an original thought.

There is a reason that churches have different activities tht appeal to different groups. There is nothing wrong with programs that teach little children, youth groups that keep older youths engaged or special arrangements to encourage the elderly.

We all need encouragement and a sense of belonging and yes, this is killing the watchtower. I hope.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    There is a reason that churches have different activities tht appeal to different groups. There is nothing wrong with programs that teach little children, youth groups that keep older youths engaged or special arrangements to encourage the elderly.

Not only is there nothing wrong with such groups, but such activities were actually built into the day to day affairs of the congregations in the first century. The letter of James reveals that various men were entrusted with the responsibilities of food distribution to the poor, and caring for the widows and fatherless children of the congregations.

There was indeed a diversity of activity within the activities of the first century church which did not detract from their central purpose. I Corinthians chapter 12 describes many different ways in which Christians served the body of Christ; whereby various ones contributed differing talents and abilities to the church.

The modern day Watchtower organization is run very similarly to a multi-national corporation such as Starbucks. In terms of Starbucks: no matter which store you go into around the world, you will always see an identical menu, identical decor, identical packaging, identical uniforms, and identical merchandising. Far from being a manifestation of God’s spirit, such an identical sameness is merely a product of an efficient centralized management.

One could say that the Watchtower is the Starbucks of Christianity.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Notice what's happening to Starbucks lately? That's right. Downsizing.

People everywhere got tired of the same old sameness.

I started a thread on how apathetic and sad everyone looked on the news clip of the recent DC.

How much longer can the WT last with such lackluster members?

Sylvia

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Jeremy C... that's some good stuff there...

Watchtower is the Starbucks of Christianity

Yep, stale, burnt coffee, no real food, over-priced, and closing 600 underperforming stores.

Many Jehovah’s Witnesses are becoming depressed and burned out from the lack of refreshing spiritual uplift. The Watchtower puts forth a treadmill of monotonous activity that is micro-managed from Brooklyn.

Yep, and the dubs get to look forward to this organization ruling worldwide forever and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever...

B the X

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

The canned answers at meetings illustrate this point perfectly. I have spoken to at least a dozen JW about the new meaning of "The Generation" and only one, an Elder, actually even grasps the change. I swear they are nothing but programmed robots that are only running some obsolete program and everyone watching can not understand why they won't upgrade their software.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Truly excellent points from all!

Oddly enough, some JWs just Doublethink themselves further into complacency. My folks are prime examples.

Growing up, the congregation was filled. Nowadays, their congregaion is quite small. After living through the failed 1975 prophecy, I would have thought they would have awoke to the fraud, but no. My folks Doublethinked themselves into being hardliners. They actually became "better witnesses" after 1975.

Today, their whole world is the WTBTS and their long-time hardliner JW friends.

Anyway, when I allow myself to be badgered into going to meetings with them, the meetings are so bland, so homogenous, so rigid, that you could replace everyone with robots and pre-recorded talks and you wouldn't notice the difference.

I just hope my parents will continue to delude themselves until their deaths. If they awaken, it'll actually destroy them because they've been in it so long. They couldn't function.

• choosing life
    choosing life

..."everyone watching can't understand why they won't upgrade their software."

That's really funny, sad too.

• Gill
    Gill

I agree with Lady Zombie, in that I too hope my elderly parents never find out that they were conned, tricked, scammed etc. It would totally destroy them at their age.

I used to want them to wake up to the reality but the more I pointed out the flaws in the borg the more they vehemently denied it until they painted me 'evil apostate and 'friend of Satan!' Yeah! Whatever.

Then the changes in the borg started to come in, the Awake, WT reductions and the book study scrapping and the Public talk reductions and I suspect they started to wonder what was happening. Surely if the end was imminent they should be meeting together more!?

Yes! It all started to make no sense at all!

Then, they started doing so many jobs on their house, rebuild, extensions, conservatory, new kitchen, new bathroom, new porch etc the list was and is endless. All the things they never bothered with because 'Armageddon is coming!'

They still appear extremely miserable but, there is nothing to be done for it now!

At least they didn't give all their money to the WT Society!

But there does seem to be a slow awakening of JWs and the reality is making them sick.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I simplified by unplugging form the Watcotwer Matrix

9 YEAR BETHELITE AND ELDER.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Pretty nice...in fact when there was freedom in human History we have created master pieces. Like the Golden Era of Pericleus in Athens, with demogracy, arts, culture, architecture, science, drama, and so many other.

Supression of humans by other humans leads to suspension of all the gifts that God gave to Humans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit