Is this fair?

by nbernat 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    When Eve took a bite out of the forbidden fruit, it was only a 'fraction' of the fruit. Per the JWs new blood policy that would be perfectly OK, right? Eve should have used that argument: 'Hey Jehovah, I only ate a fruit FRACTION!'

navytownroger, now that's priceless!!! Okay, I'll throw out this... Since the vast majority of condemned humankind through the ages have known absolutely nothing about the naked lady, the talking snake, and the forbidden fruit, how is it even fair to say that they are learning a lesson? Are the angels really learning a lesson by sadisticly watching human suffering? Do parents teach their children about the dangers of fire by throwing puppies in a roaring campfire? Where in even the NWT Bible does the phrase "universal sovereignty" exist? It's all a JW fabrication to make the battle of good vs evil somehow seem just. B the X

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Here's something, why even create something and place it in the garden if eating from it causes loss of life? This doesn't have anything to do with the tree, but it does have everything to do with his ego. At that point it was like we're gonna exercise our free will jehuber-boober, and he's all "oh yeah? well you can die". He allows it and he's an accessory to our genocide.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

If I may interject. There's no such thing as inherited sin, but there is such a thing called, "original sin".

Nowhere does scriptures support the doctrine of "inherited sin". You can't earn the sins of other people. The sins that people do is their own, no one else's.

However, your sins can have a bad influence over people. Say for example, if you beat a spouse in front of your children, they may eventually become beaters themselves, unless some intervention takes place (like counseling for one).

As for "original sin", each is born a sinner, scripture is clear about that. It is only whereby we receive the grace of God through His Son that we receive salvation by accepting the finished work of Christ on the cross.

Just my two cents and I hope I am understanding what this thread is trying to convey.

Yiz

• jgnat
    jgnat
    solace: no, according to BIBLICAL (not nessecarily WT) teaching Sin is like a disease, passed down from generation to generation.

*sigh* It is obvious to me that solace has not spent much time in the bible, but rather, has marinated in WT beliefs with very little questioning on their origins. It annoys me no end that the Witnesses married the concept of PERFECTION with SIN. Yet, Beezlebub, a "perfect" angel, sinned. Here's some food for thought, from the bible: http://www.bible.ca/cal-T-refutation.htm

Spiritual consequences of sin cannot be transmitted from father to son but only falls on the one who committed the act: Ezek 18:1-4; 18-20; Jer 32:29-30

Exodus 32:31,33 In this passage, Moses wanted to receive the punishment for someone else's sin. In verse 33, the one who sinned is removed from the book, not the one whose parents have sinned.

We will be judged only by our own actions: Mt 12:36-37; Rom 2:6; 2 Cor 5:10; 1 Pe 1:17

Isa 59:1-2, "Your sins have separated you from your God" not Adams Sin is committed by individually breaking God's law:

1 Jn 3:4 (Infants have done nothing)

Where is one Bible verse that says we will be condemned for sin other than our own?

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I don't think the word "fair" is a biblical term. Ultimately, God could repeat the test in the garden for each human being born since the orginial sin perhaps that seems to be fairer.

On the other hand, the track record of the human race indicates few if any would have done any better then Adam and Eve did. First people don't believe what God says sin is or the importance of its effects upon the human race.

Basing judgment on fair is super subjective, in that, people that molest child don't often think their actions are unfair. The point is God is not concern with what humans believe or think fair to be.

If God said sins bring death and all that have sin die then God appears to have been correct. On the other hand, if God says that He alone is the source of life and all those that are allowed to associate with Him have life eternal... then the choice is one believing not fairness.

The point is what is a God and what is a human being?

• yknot
    yknot

So basically we are just a set of prized marbles in celestial game......

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

How would we know? One can come up with their own ideas which is find. One can listen to those that seem to know more. Or we can believe what God says. But it still not about fairness its about belief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit