Is this fair?

by nbernat 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

Is God not going to kill Satan and the demons and most of mankind in the end? Would it not have been more humane to just have done away with Adam and Eve in the beginning?

If it would have just happened again, then what's to prevent it from happening in the future? I realize that Adam and Eve were perfect, but isn't everyone going to be perfect eventually in the paradise? So, if they sin, what will happen? Oh, I remember, God will destroy them on the spot.

Anyone that thinks pain and suffering for thousands of years is nothing, isn't the one doing the suffering.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

i think you need to re-read what i said.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Solace,

The part that really makes no sense to me is that eventually God is going to have to destroy any who exercice their free will in paradise, in a way that runs counter to his arrangement. A point may have been proved by the allowance of evil for centuries and the outcome of the ransom, but the eventuality would be the same tactic that many mentioned, that God could have destroyed Adam and Eve to begin with. Destroy two or destroy billions?

I do believe in a creator, but the scenario that jws espouse makes him look mean and not so intelligent and I know that's not the case

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

how is this just a jw teaching and not a bible teaching?

• choosing life
    choosing life

Because it depends on what scriptures you choose to emphasize. Did Jesus come to destroy or save? Do you believe in grace or earning a standing with the creator? Does the creator not have the wisdom and love to reach everyone at some point and time?

The witnesses cherry pick their scriptures as do most religions.

• nbernat
    nbernat

That's exactly what I was going to say-- in the future, God will eventually kill all the bad people and then we will be back to square one.

So what's the point?

• navytownroger
    navytownroger

When Eve took a bite out of the forbidden fruit, it was only a 'fraction' of the fruit. Per the JWs new blood policy that would be perfectly OK, right? Eve should have used that argument: 'Hey Jehovah, I only ate a fruit FRACTION!'

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

the point is, the question will be answered

• dark angle
    dark angle

@ nbernat,

it might interest you that there is a topic related to this here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/161132/1.ashx

• moomanchu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit