Is this fair?

by nbernat 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• watson
    watson
    If he just started over, it would likely just happen again and we would be in the same predicament. The question needed to be answered.

Sounds like the answer isn't the one God wants to hear.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

The obvious assumption being made here is that man was meant to remain in the Garden forever, being like happy little butterflies flitting around the flowers without a care in the world.

Instead, we have more opportunities than that. There is also no indication that they ever would have had children in the Garden, since it wasn't until after partaking of the forbidden fruit that their eyes were opened and they realized they were naked. Up until then they were in a childlike innocence that could have gone on indefinitely.

Personally, I think they got a bum rap being blamed for all the evils in the world.

SusanHere

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

satan is also blamed

"There is also no indication that they ever would have had children in the Garden"

-- be fruitful and subdue the earth much?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, the answer seems to be one that god can't accept, yet it would be an answer. MYTH!!!

• horrible life
    horrible life
    If he just started over, it would likely just happen again and we would be in the same predicament.

Sounds as if there was a flaw in the overall design. Time to scrap it all, and go back to the drawing board.

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again."

If a terrible flaw occurred now days, in a product, that resulted in deaths, let alone millions of deaths, that product would be recalled. Most companies and products have a quality control group, that oversee the making and safety of products.

Is this Jehovah's excuse? He had no quality control? So he now has this group, the JW's. They are telling all of his weaknesses, and that he is going to start all over.

TOO LATE!!! Why didn't you do this a long time ago!!! You screwed up!! Oh?? Really? Never mind, I didn't realize this was only a fairytale. Sorry, my bad.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

thats the price of free will --

and yeah, again, this isnt JW teaching, this is what the bible says....

• booby
    booby

No children in the Garden??? I thought the commission to adam and eve was to spread the garden earthwide???

• Satanus
    Satanus

Does one mistake render a previously perfect specimen utterly sinful? Does the punishment fit the crime of the original man? The way it is supposed to have been set up by god, none of his offspring had a choice, ever.

S

• loosie
    loosie

I posed this same question to my mother when I was a young child. I asked why didn't god just make a new man and woman? mom said that isn't the way god does things.

I guess he who makes the game makes the rules.

• kwr
    kwr

No because the story of Adam and Eve is a parable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit