Is this fair?

by nbernat 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nbernat
    nbernat

This is my take on the whole inherited sin thing:

Let's say your parents committed a crime and were sentenced to life in prison, let's say 140 years. Now, they died 90 years short of their sentence. . .would it be fair for you, someone who had nothing to do with the crime and probably didn't even know it happened until you went to visit them in the bin, to, as their child, finish out their sentence? And if you died, for your kids to continue finishing off the sentence?

I know the WTS gives this over-reaching explanation on how He had to because the angels were watching and He had to prove He abides by his Word, blah, blah. . .but isn't the aforementioned analogy exactly what's going on today with sin?

Aren't we serving out Adam and Eve's sentence?

• dawg
    dawg

Yea, I've always thought that the biblical God reminded me of a drunken redneck who comes home and finds his wife cheating. He then goes on to kill not only his wife and her lover, but all the kids in the trailer also. What did the kids do wrong?

So, if Adam and Eve ate the fruit, then they die... he makes another man named Earl, and his wife Sue, they don't eat the fruit but instead live out their lives for eternity not eating said fruit. Doesn't this prove to the angels that man can serve God just as good as anything?

The whole story screams "Myth" and is nothing more than a crock of crap, no matter who puts a spin on it.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

no, according to BIBLICAL (not nessecarily WT) teaching

Sin is like a disease, passed down from generation to generation.

• nbernat
    nbernat

So why, then, let us inherit a disease and not just kill those infected and, as said, make new people who can continue God's will and thus prove that only God can rule?

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

because the human race had to continue on and show that it would be faithful in the end, even facing the results of sin.

If he just started over, it would likely just happen again and we would be in the same predicament. The question needed to be answered.

• nbernat
    nbernat

So 6,000 years of pain and suffering is the way to go?

That's not true. He would have destroyed Satan along with Adam and Eve and anyone who opposed him. No future conundrums.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

6000 years of pain and suffering are nothing compared to an eternal life in paradise (or heaven, if you believe that sort of thing)

and no no no

destroying all opposers would have only shown jehovahs power, not justice.
    Some other angel would just come along and ask the same question.

• nbernat
    nbernat

But what if Earl and Sue lived in accordance with his stipulations?

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

it wouldnt matter.

they needed another perfect human life to balance out the one that sinned --

hence Jesus H christ

(look up "ransom")

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Earl and Sue

Well Earl & Sue have split up now.....But I understand what your saying about Adam and Eve I don't

think I have ever heard it put that way, but you have a good point.

h4o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit