You Don't Want to Tell People About Jehovah?

by cognac 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Another response: why doesn't jehovah tell people about jehovah?? Is he too angry, in that he would rather kill people than talk to them? Even the gb does not hear from jehovah, or get directed by him, or his spirit, or jesus. Supposedly, the gb somehow get clues from the magic decoder book, otherwise known as the bible.

S

• dawg
    dawg

Ask him if that's what he thinks you do when preaching?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Christians should be preaching (and telling about) Jesus....and that putting faith in HIM leads to our salvation!

The bible tells US that there is only ONE NAME that is above ALL OTHERS....and that is Jesus Christ. (Phil. 2:9-10) It only makes sense that it would be HIM that anyone would be preaching about!

JWs boast that only THEY will be hated and persecuted for preaching the Good News....but they seldom even MENTION Jesus....but preach Jehovah at every turn. They have taken the name Jehovah ......and they MEET in the name of Jehovah...HOW can they possibly feel that they will be HATED for preaching Jesus Christ when they rarely speak of him?

"Where two or three are gathered in MY name (Matt 18:20) there I will be"......is that name Jesus....or Jehovah?

According to the bible itself....what IS the only name we need to look at for salvation....and whose name is it that the JWs are going to the doors to preach?

The next time JWs come to YOUR door...politely ask them about this.

hugs,

Annie

• mac n cheese
    mac n cheese

Hey Cognac,

Like most of us, I've been following your story with great interest. I'm definitely more like you - fiesty, ready to drop it all. My spouse is plodding, careful, and in it for the parents (until they die). I finally just did the same thing you did - spouse kept asking if I wanted to go in service on the weekend? I would be completely supportive and agree to go, then when the weekend came around, spouse would decide that we had more fun things to do. I also explained, very quietly, that in good conscience, I could not tell others about the organization, because I just didn't think it was people in general really needed. We've both been through the ringer with this organization, so spouse had to agree there. Spouse has, after several months, agreed that they cannot encourage people to come into this organization, which I NEVER saw coming, nor did I think would happen.

I've been turning in phantom time for both of us for over 8 months, today, spouse turned in phantom time for both of us (also another thing I thought would NEVER happen). Today's meeting was the first we've been to in 8 weeks, which is a new record for us.

I guess I just want to say that I'm taking a lot of courage from your story; there are so many of us out here like you. It looks like you will be able to pull this off after all. "Firm and determined" indeed. It's worked wonders for me and mine. Here's to both of us getting what we want.

Congrats!

(sorry if I've hijacked this thread, didn't mean to)

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Cog,

If you've read any of my threads lately, you know I will applaud anyone who is willing to stand up for what they believe in. ***Applause***

I wish you the best.... we are in similar boats.

A@G

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You have every right to not talk about that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag, or to not talk positively about Him, if you do not see fit to. If He is creating value in people's lives, they would pretty much come out volitionally with positive reviews without some Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger telling them to. If He is creating disvalue, people are going to bash Him without the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger telling them to, too.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Good for you Cognac

I wish you happiness and peaceful enjoyment in your life.

Velvet

• sacolton
    sacolton

What is this "good news" they want to share? That Christ has risen? Nope. That we have salvation through Him? Nope.

The JW message is this: Join our religion or die at Armageddon. *smile*

Galatians 1:8

"But even if we or an angel from heaven should proclaim to you a gospel contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let that person be condemned!"

The JW gospel is NOT the gospel that was preached by the apostles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit