Lurkers and Newbies Ahem!!! :)

by LovesDubs 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    you are the only one that is hateful - and generalizing. I am not a witness anymore, but i had nothing against examining ANYTHING, and many i know did the same.

You really need to let go.

Perhaps it would be wise to examine the spirit of the poster, that she is inviting and urging lurkers and newbies to open up without fear of repercussions and know that they will be among friends here should they decide to speak up. SOME who may be newly out of the Org may be AFRAID to "let go". LovesDubs was not BEING hateful in the least.

• dawg
    dawg

I disagree solace, you state... "you are the only one that is hateful - and generalizing. I am not a witness anymore, but i had nothing against examining ANYTHING, and many i know did the same".

Are you telling me all JWs do not shun so called "apostates", those who question the teachings of the FADS? Please, we all know better than that! They shun us one and all, and they shun us for asking questions... are you kidding me here?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Persephone,

You have a difficult dilemma, and it deserves a post of its own as I am sure a number of people here will have ideas to help you.

If I were you I would write to your ex telling him you are concerned about him taking your children to a cult. Outline some reasons why you think it is damaging. You have made a good summary but for more ideas look at http://jwfacts.com/index_files/wrong.htm. There is also a section at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/mindcontrol.htm showing the negative affect a cult upbringing has a children. Ask him why would he have even contemplated going back himself? And then end letting him know that the children do not enjoy the meetings and by forcing them to go he is loosing their respect and damaging his relationship with them. That may scare him into re-evaluating the religion for himself as well as whether or not to take the kids.

• Persephone69
    Persephone69

I have written to him regarding issues like these in the past. He doesn't even consider anything I have to say. I've tried to get along with him and we can't even speak on the phone because of his new wife's insecurities. If he is on the phone with me, she has to be in the same room, listening in on the conversation, telling him what to say and starting arguments.

As for the religious aspect, I know why he has decided to go back. He brought his brother and mother into the fold before he left. They wouldn't have anything to do him, or our kids, until he came back. This has caused serious trust issues with my daughter. She wants NOTHING to do with the borg-sector of his family because of it.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Solace you wrote: (in red)

"Dubs are hypocrites, every last one of them. Why? They demand that others 'examine their religion', while they patently refuse to do so, even in the face of FACTS.

You are wasting your time loving Dubs. It is a hateful bunch. "

you are the only one that is hateful - and generalizing. I am not a witness anymore, but i had nothing against examining ANYTHING, and many i know did the same.

You really need to let go.

You obviously were not part of the same religion that I was for 45 years.

Shunning is hateful. Your comment is personal and hateful too. Why don't you try to find your way back among fellow haters?

Brant

PS, this board is a good place for JW's to come to be on their journey out of the organization, but trying to convince them that the org of JW is a sweet and nice place to be flies in the face of reason.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Solace must have belonged to a different religion than I knew. We were never encourages to eread other religions materials. Never. It was one-sided as we would encourage others to look outside the box, only to keep u in another once u were baptized

• independent_tre
    independent_tre
    Shunning is hateful. Your comment is personal and hateful too. Why don't you try to find your way back among fellow haters?

That is the BEST advice.

Really, SOLACE, you stated you are DF'd, but since you love the org so much, why not go back THERE. Why are you HERE? Doesn't make sense....

• The Mulberry Man
    The Mulberry Man

Hi All

I have been out for a long time but have only recently found this site. I was assimulated when I was two. I left when I was 16 due to family breakdown - my dad died in a car crash when I was 11 and basically the family fell apart after that. One thing that did stick in my mind was the give more attitude and if you want to see your dad again crap really rubbed me up the wrong way. I has taken a long time to silence the inner voice always asks if I should be doing something as the Almighty will be watching. I would like to thank the JW's for all the crap I copped at school and the humilating door to door crap - nothing more intimidating that going to the door on your own as a 7 year old.

This site has helped with some closure as I honestly thought that I, was not on my own, but a minority, that is certainly not the case - thanks to oompa, flipper WT Wizard etc never met any of you but always look forward to your posts.

MulberryMan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit