Great Strides Have been Made!

by Sunspot 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Since I last posted here, some wonderful blessings have come my way! My oldest son who I shunned in 1981 and who has since cut me out of his life....has finally "come around" and we are making some REAL headway towards being in each other's lives again. He has restored an old 1933 Ford jalopy and asked me if I wanted to go for a ride in it with him!

This may not sound like much to many folks....but if you knew how he has avoided me for so many years since I left the WTS....you would know what a huge step this was! He actually hugs me now when he sees me at other family members homes....he used to head the other way. It definitely feels so good and warms my heart to see this improvement and the change in his attitude!

There were several nonJW family members that took sides in our difficulties and were offended at me for the WTS-approved way I treated my son for so many years.....and they too have been a bit more open and friendly to me as well. I was invited to my grand daughter's college graduation party a few weeks ago and things went very nicely....not one snotty remark or dirty look....so it looks as if the worst is over. Frankly...I can't blame them for how they feel...shunning IS cruel and horrible....and I did DO this for many years.

Another son that has been estranged from us all....has come back to live in this area....and we have all made an honest effort to make a new start with him too. What a DIFFERENCE it is to not be worried about who is coming by to visit and who will leave if someobody else is there, who can eat dinner with another person, etc, etc all these "leftovers" from the WTS book of ethics....is finally gone. We have only one left in the clutches of the WTS and she has cut off ALL communication with ANYONE in the family that is not a JW. SHE is the only one, so it kind of narrows it down.

She has no idea of what the little ones are doing, the cousins and nephews and nieces and their great accomplishments, hobbies and dreams...or anything else that is happening with the rest of the family....by her choice. How terribly sad that is....to allow allegiance to men in Brooklyn dominate (and waste) her life. She will not know the great strides we have made AS A FAMILY to overcome the nasty traces and peculiar teachings that the WTS has left on us and we can finally come together and enjoy one another as PEOPLE!

There have been many other wonderful little things that have come my way, that I would have thought impossible a few short years ago. Too many to mention, but all so appreciated! My health has not been terrific....but it HAS allowed me to embrace life and enjoy things to even a greater degree. I am not in any pain and that is a blessing in and of itself! I take one day at a time and have more peace of mind and comfort than I ever did my entire 30 years as a JW. For those that do not know, I have accepted Jesus as my personal Savior and have developed a relationship with him. It was a long time in coming and has made a tremendous difference in my approach to life now. I try not to dwell on the decades I wasted serving the WTS.

On the eve of my 67th birthday...a little reflection that I just HAD to share with those who know me here on JWD. It's always nice to share the GOOD news in our lives!

hugs,

Annie

• Vinny
    Vinny

Great to hear Annie! Sounds like you are happier now than you ever were when you were riding in cars from house to house with WT and Awakes, shunning those that you were told to shun and never quite able to ever do "enough" in the congo of JW's.

By the way, my mom just turned 67 yesterday too. How about that. We are taking her out to dinner Saturday night.

My very best to you and yours!

vinny

• amicus
    amicus
    On the eve of my 67th birthday...a little reflection that I just HAD to share with those who know me here on JWD. It's always nice to share the GOOD news in our lives!

Happy Birthday to you!

Glad to see those "worldly" folks are treating you well. ;-)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thank you Vinny and Amicus!

Yes, Vinny....I AM much more focused, balanced, peaceful and comfortable with myself and my life than I can ever remember being! All those "uncomfortable moments" are gone....the ones that were direct results (and consequences) of following or NO longer following the directives frm Brooklyn.

I have waited for this day to come for so long now...I had given up any hope of seeing this ever happen, to be honest with you. I had resigned myself to the fact that things had been wrecked and too many feelings had been hurt, for us to ever make amends.....and then it all fell so beautifully right into place!

The family has done a complete turnaround and come together as if a giant magic wand was waved over us! I have had so many unexpected blessings from people I never expected them from.....and has made me far more outgoing where I normally would not have ventured before this. It has all been quite phenomenal!

Wish your Mom a very Happy Birthday from another old lady, LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WOW!

MORE good stuff!

My oldest son's wife just called to wish me a happy birthday (first time that ever happened) and to invite us to a patio party for next weekend! A fabulous bouquet of orchids and carnations just arrived from FEDEX from another family member, and the phone calls have been ongoing since this morning! It has really been quite overwhelming! I'm SO not used to this! (But I AM enjoying every moment!)

It just feels so doggone GOOD to be included in all the things everyone else has been doing....at long last.

hugs,

Annie

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Annie,

Looks like you have all the valuable birthday gifts you could wish for!!

I am so happy for you that your relationships are being restored. The WT has done a job

on all of us, however, sometimes the relationships that go awry don't have anything to do

with JWs. My oldest daughter shuns my middle daughter, doesn't even speak to her when

she comes into the room or acknowledge her presence. This makes for problems during the

holidays and family reunions. Now that my son is gone, this is the biggest pain in my heart.

I am so happy that Jesus is part of your life. He is the most comforting during our low times.

So good to see you happy.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Annie!

This is such good news! When "family" come together! A "rare" blessing indeed!

Hope more good news will come your way!

We love ya!

N.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Velta! What a long time it has been since we made contact huh? I am tickled that you saw this and replied!

Yes...my sister tells me of HER son and daughter who have the same problems as your family has....and neither one of them was touched by the WTS either! Her children are in their late 30's. My only sister and I reconciled last summer....I had not seen her in over 30 years....she had disowned me when my parents did when I was baptized in 1972. Our mom died a number of years ago and our dad passed away a year ago May---and she wanted to come here from CT the following month to repair our relationship. She was just waiting for him to go so she could get on with her life.

I would not have chosen to live under the rule of our father like she had....but then I have made some doozy mistakes (like getting mixed up in the WTS and then shunning my son for decades) so I have no room to talk about what someone ELSE "should have" done with their lives!

It all worked out very nicely....we did a LOT of talking, soothing ruffled feathers, and showing pictures of our kids each one had never seen....and our GRANDCHILDREN after that! It was quite wonderful, went way to fast, and I hated to see her go back home! The year (and the trend) just got better and better, as you can see!

It is hard to believe that things have worked out so well!

hugs,

Annie

• crazyblondeb
  • Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thank you Atlantis!

Yup....it sure has been an interesting journey! I am very grateful and most happy with the nice turn things have taken!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit