What was wrong with the 'occultic green' bibles?

by Gill 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I've heard some old tapes by ex-jw born agains who call it the 'green phantom'. Seemed to me that those were the only type of people who ever really made a deal out of the color of the NWT.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

In our Cong. while growing up, we were told that they chose green, because green is the color of life.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    WAsn't Russell's 'Comments on the Scriptures' or whatever they were also green.

I think that the ‘studies in the scriptures’ were red, or at least the ones I’ve seen are.

The ‘harp of god’ was green, which was Rutherford’s first book by himself.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Green is the color of money. Once they stopped charging they went to black and then red. I'm going with the whole symbolism thing.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

knorr was obsessed with green apparently...colour of the new world

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Green is also the colour of grass, so it would blend in perfectly with a paradise earth.......awe........

WTF am I on about………???

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I can't be considered an expert in the occult, but I know more than most people about these things. I live them now. I have never heard of any occultic situation with the green color for a religious book. There is no occult association with the JW Bible of that time period.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

In gilead one of the instructors mentioned the green grass connection... so maybe maj is right...

• oompa
    oompa

A bible study of mine pulled it out when mormans visited...he said they said, "OMG....the green dragon!".........oompa

• knock knock
    knock knock

I heard it the same as OhioCowboy. Green symbolized life, black symbolized death. Don'tcha remember all the no black shirts stuff too. The burgundy bible was an acceptable alternative to green. It's like they had a color code system in place. Hell, it wasn't LIKE they did...THEY DID! The more I remember the more frickin' loony it all is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit