What was wrong with the 'occultic green' bibles?

by Gill 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gill
    Gill

Satanus - Well the JW bible is not like the other bibles so I suppose spew green, bought at an extra cheap price may well have been an attractive offer!

My mother insists on still using her 'green bible' even though some elders have made subtle hints that she should buy a new one.

However, as Blondie points out, the translation may have had 'spiritual' assistance but the colour........I still remember the comments on that.

I will try to find out about 'the green'. I just thought someone might know more about this.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Satanus is on the money I was just being imature.

• Gill
    Gill

WAsn't Russell's 'Comments on the Scriptures' or whatever they were also green. I recall seeing them in my parents 'upstairs' dubbie library along with some of the other 'classics'. Green was popular in the early days of the WT society. I think there is more to it than cheap vinyl.

• Gill
    Gill

Something to do with the 'green' and the 'New World....' part.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Does anyone else remember a small hardcover NWT Bible with a RED cover? It wasn't as widespread as the ones with a green cover.

I remember having an amiable conversation on the bus with a Baptist back in the 80's, and when I whipped out my green Bible his whole expression changed -- like he knew exactly which religion I was now.

• Gill
    Gill

Gopher - I remember a very elderly JW lady having a small red NWT. Her family gave a lot of her stuff to my parents when she died as none of them were JWs.

The 'green' is some kind of big giveaway for what the NWT is commonly understood to be: a contrived piece of bible scholarship!

• yknot
    yknot

The society was still binding their books using the 'rainbow' scheme that Rutherford started.

Hey I like my greenie...., I love the little dinosaur too!

Greenies occult connection....Johannes Greber

• blondie
    blondie

I didn't like the green color and had mine rebound in black.

• yknot
    yknot

LOL.............and I have refused to part with mine because I hate black, brown, maroon, & navy!

Oh well I also refused to give up my lessons on questioning everything like the Bereans too.

Guess as a JW I was stuck in the late 70's!

• dogon
    dogon

black green or red its all crap inside!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit