You will never overcome your Witness past...

by JimmyPage 42 Replies latest jw friends

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

I must agree
    Lived out for 27 years
    After being in for 25
    (First 5 really don't count..Gave my 1st bible reading at 6)

Didn't start to move on until I read
    "Crisis of Conscience"

Big wake up call

Joined here
    Louder call
    Ongoing

Rise up and live your lives
    They are yours to do with as you please

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree with you, Jimmy- for you and me and some others.

But to say "YOU" will never overcome... - not necessarily so for the
    vast audience. Some were doing the JW thing for their family or were
    never so serious about the doctrines. Some can let go easier.

Some don't care if people vote, get drunk, fornicate. Some can just
    pay the rent, do the laundry, move on with life.

Not me and you, granted, but some.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Agreed. I beleive it will alwways be a part of you. You might be able to let go of it but never forget it.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Apostasy? That's a JW word.. you're still "Posting Under the Influence" (PUI) which carries a minimum sentence of reading 20 antiJW books, lol...

I think a better word: Deprogram. But you must do the research, as you say, in order to do this.

Once you deprogram yourself, you see the WTS for what it is and it no longer controls your life.

A@G

• Satanus
    Satanus

If left unexamined, wt beliefs are like unexploded bombs. Even after they are diffused through the deprogrammation process, the jw/wt mindset can still remain. Some of those mind sets are: black and white thinking, us vss them thinking, belief that there is an ultimate truth, belief that the mind and it's beliefs are the ultimate power, belief in a hidden inimical force, to name a few.

S

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah Apostates rule!!! I hope to graduate to being Apostate one day.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    Apostasy? That's a JW word.. you're still "Posting Under the Influence" (PUI) which carries a minimum sentence of reading 20 antiJW books, lol...

I agree with Awakened at Gilead. Just the fact that you are using that word "apostate" shows that you are still under the influence of JW. As you continue to stay away and read books like Crisis of Conscience and discover the world out side of JW you will not use tems like that anymore. You will see things very differently.

That being said, I was raised from birth as a JW and it has afftected me and my personality and my relationships all of my life. I have been spending more time with my younger sister lately due to the illness and death of my mother. I can see that is has affected her even more than me. She has not "moved on' emotionally even as much as I have. When you are raised in fear, guilt, feeling different than eveyone else it has a lifelong effect on you.

That's why I'm on this site now. That's why I'm reading Crisis of Conscience now. It's been many years since I've left but now for the first time I'm looking back and trying to figure out what happend to me and my family and why. But you've got to get deprogrammed first before you can look back.

• changeling
    changeling

Call it what you want, apostacy, deprogramming... I agree with you. You must fight fire with fire. And the longer you were in, the deeper the WT teachings and mentality run and control your thinking. This forum has been instrumental in broadening the horizons of my mind and teaching me to allow myslf to "go there".

changeling :)

• changeling
    changeling
    If left unexamined, wt beliefs are like unexploded bombs. Even after they are diffused through the deprogrammation process, the jw/wt mindset can still remain. Some of those mind sets are: black and white thinking, us vss them thinking, belief that there is an ultimate truth, belief that the mind and it's beliefs are the ultimate power, belief in a hidden inimical force, to name a few.

So true, Satanus!

changeling :)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I agree, and so does the WTB&TS. That's why they forbid associating with apostates or reading their materials.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit