For the girls & guys

by is there help out there 14 Replies latest jw friends

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

Girls what did you do with the dorky dresses when you left the truth. Guys what did you do with the dorky polyester suites and white shirts when you left the truth.

• Sway
    Sway

Last time I used mine was at Halloween, I put on some Ray Bans an went as one of the Blues Brothers.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I kept the suits for a while because I was still using them. Business attire. Those suits that I wore to the Hall are long gone now, though. I've since traded up. I have much nicer suits and the even better part is that I don't have to wear them as often.

• changeling
    changeling

I was a lifelong witness, but I was never a dork.

changeling :)

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I stopped wearing the "dorky" attire sometime in my teens and dressed how I wanted to, despite my mother yelling at me about how slutty I looked. I was an invisible one in the cong., so I was never spoken to about it.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I threw out all my ankle length grandma skirts and dorky meeting attire with glee, nothing below the knee dammit in my closet these days.

• Mutz
    Mutz

I actually had some nice suits and shirts. The moths ate the suits though. :)

• R.F.
    R.F.

I kept the suits but they aren't dorky.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I kept the suits after I left. Updated/upgraded them as I went along. Not that I wore them much but when the occasion or work called for it, I had something and looked good. As a friend once said, "look good, feel good". It is true. And it's funny how many women really warm up to a guy in a suit,...lol.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I still have one wool suit for job interviews and funerals. The rest went to good will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit