Only a nurse or phlebotomist would understand!

by MsMcDucket 15 Replies latest social humour

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I fondle my boyfriend's arm veins all the time. It spooks him a little.

Did you tell him he had sexy veins! You know the nick for you guys and girls at the hospital is Vampires! LOL!!!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

When I worked in the ER and had crazy shifts I used to do things in my sleep like take my husbands pulse or feel for a vein. He would tell me that if I started sleep walking and came at him with something sharp he wouldn't be responsible for what he might do to me, LOL

LOL I worked in the ER, and did that to my now ex husband all the time. He said the same thing!!!!

Must be an occupational hazard!!!!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

LOL I worked in the ER, and did that to my now ex husband all the time. He said the same thing!!!!

Our husbands got to be our guinea pigs! I haven't put a foley catheter in him...yet! But I have started IV, drew blood, changed dressings, and called in the Fleets! (Don't tell him I told ya!)

• noni1974
    noni1974

I have really small hard to get vains. The last time I went to the doctors last week the nurse kind of laughed and I asked what she was laughing at. She said she wouldn't tell me till after I was done. I knew what it was. She ran out of the tiny needles I usually get and had to use a much larger one. She also stuck me in the middle of my forearm. I hate her now.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I have really small hard to get vains. The last time I went to the doctors last week the nurse kind of laughed and I asked what she was laughing at. She said she wouldn't tell me till after I was done. I knew what it was. She ran out of the tiny needles I usually get and had to use a much larger one. She also stuck me in the middle of my forearm. I hate her now.

Ooooh! Sorry to hear that! I hope she got it on the first try. I had a patient that had Raynaud's. The tips of her fingers were destroyed from the poor circulation. I hated to stick her! She would cry! Almost made me cry! I didn't always get it the first time with this patient. Made my nerves bad!

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

nice one....I remember when i was working in the Dairy industry.......the size of needles we used to inject into Cows were enormous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit