Send In The Clowns

by OneFingerSalute 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

As I sat through another mind numbing sermon this morning I could not help thinking that the speaker was a total clown.

Lime green suit, white shirt, yellow tie, blue socks barely higher than his ankle, brown shoes, and an orange cast. All that was missing was a big red rubber nose! And of course everyone remarked what a wonderful talk he gave. The title was something about being happy even if you are hungry. It was, of course, nothing except "if you are comfortable financially you are in grave danger of dying at Armageddon. You are not doing enough in the recruiting work."

He said only if a person was spiritually hungry could they be truly happy

I wondered if Witlessess are so "HAPPY" does that mean they are spiritually starving because of the lack of "food at the proper time"? If they are spiritually full (he said that was a sign of false Christians who were going to die any day now at the Big A) then what does that say about the JDub's?

I thought for sure my head was gong to explode just sitting there listening to that tripe.

• Village Idiot
  • blondie
    blondie

Around here he would have been sent home to change while they had the WT study. One congregation required only white shirts.

A suit, no suit coats

Black, gray, brown, navy,etc. colors

And black shoes only, with an exception for brown

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I mean the message sounds kind of wacky God that must have been murder to sit through, I remember those mind numbing days of tedious boredom and the struggle to listen to incoherence beyond belief.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Stephen Lett would make a great clown! ;)

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    Stephen Lett IS a clown!
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Just Kidding said: Stephen Lett would make a great clown! :wink:

Slave4 said: Stephen Lett IS a clown!

Cue the Photoshopping in 3... 2... 1.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It was the weekend for Irish parades just before St. Patrick's Day. Maybe he went to one before or after.

• Slave4_38y
  • Slave4_38y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit