A Doubting JW

by swyzzel 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Mindchild,

: What was your major Fred? JW Psychology and Sociology?

English:

"Many comes out of college have no life"

Can't you tell?

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Good one Farkel.

I was giving Fred the opportunity to admit to being a graduate of the JW College of Advanced Rocket Scientists but he didn't take the bait.

Skipper

• AIRVIEW1
    AIRVIEW1

A book I learned a lot from is Kingdom of the Cults by Walter Martin.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Swyzzel,
    Welcome to the board. How brave of you to post! Keep your mind open.
    Just a little background on myself, I went to college while being a JW & raising a family. Could I have been a better student without all that pressure? I'm sure. But when you get out of school, no one looks at your grades anyway. So you have to weigh the consequenses of leaving the wtbts without the support of your family compared to possibly slowly leaving while you learn more about the wtbts. Yes, it will be hard on you to balance school and dub duties, but use the opportunity to be creative at the meetings. I got Crisis of Conscience and read it (with a book cover on it from Wal-mart) at the meetings! What a nice change of information. It was amazing to realize that most people don't pay attention to what your doing at the meetings. Also, I think Randy's web site has some good information on leaving a "cult" and how to progress with it. Slowly share with your parents information gleamed from this board in the wtbts literature to help open their minds, if you can. You might be surprised at the response.
    Time is on your side. You don't have to rush into anything drastic at the present time. Just do the best you can and keep reading. j2bf

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Swyzzel, I am so thankful that you are here. Read the scriptuires and throw away the WT magazines. The Word of God is beautiful and was written to you. You need nothing other than trust in God and the Holy Spirit to understand His will for your life. There is freedom in Christ. Can you imagine the thought of Paul preaching freedom in Christ for these former Jews and then strapping a load on their backs that is 3 times larger than what the law was doing to them? That is what the WT does. God loves you, Jesus died for you and wants to spend eternity with you. Also, read Crisis of Conscience. If you want, I can send you my copy. Email me ( [email protected])

Penn

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

I would strongly recommend not making any major life decisions - ESPECIALLY MARRIAGE - until you are sure what you believe.

-------------------------------

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Swyzell,

You are embarking on a great journey. Have gun with it. Good luck, stay in prayer stay in scripture and STAY IN COLLEGE>

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• JT
    JT

Fred says:
    Many comes out of college have no life

#######

just think fred not one of JW will ever get to used that Beach Front Property Timeshare that the WT org has beening selling folks like you and I for over 130yrs- since we all were given WEEK 53

HOW SAD

• JT
    JT

"S"

welcome to the site and

U-GO-GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Swyzel (bet I spelled that wrong),
    When I was eighteen, I was moving to Shenandoah Valley because the need was greater. And though I learned much from the experience, I wish I had paid attention to my inner voice, which was practically yelling at me to think for myself.
    I ignored it, and ended up being in an abusive sixteen and a half year marriage within the org. And staying in the org. until I was thirty-eight. A lot of wasted years. My birthday is Monday, I'll be forty-two. I have to tell you I didn't start thinking and living until I got out.
    Don't let that happen. Follow the good advice here and start living! Sounds like you are well on your way!! Good for you being in college.
    I think reading Crisis of Conscience would be a wonderful start. It really opened up my eyes.
    Be ready for a real roller coaster ride though, since your family is in. It is tough, but well worth a little heart ache to be who you are!
    Good luck!!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit