SOMEONE STOLE MY SCOOTER

by Burger Time 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

If only it were true, at least I could get a good laugh out of the mental image.

• oompa
    oompa

that just sucks burger....I have actually had three riding lawnmowers stolen in the last 10 years....and with one of them the also stole a motorcycle....and everything else out of my shed.........oompa

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes I think it would be a good idea to slowly cruise your neighborhood once a day just to see if you

can locate it, my guess its kids out for a joy ride, some times too they take it for a ride a then dump it behind a tree or something of size to hide

what they did.

You should go out a block or 2 and perhaps kindly ask folks that you meet if they have seen it driving around, the chances are

good that you'll recover it eventualy...........Good luck

By the way if you do find some one on it or if you located it in someones home, don't approach the area, take down information and immediately call the

police, theft of this kind is a serious offense, very much like a car theft.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I had a 1990 Toyata Supra Turbo with T-Tops in the 90's. I loved that car.

Bye bye birdie. Gone in 60 seconds.

Walking out in the morning and not seeing your car.....priceless.

alt

A few years ago they stole a bike out of the yard.

My wife saw the guy rolling down the street on it several weeks later.

She told him to get off it or she would kick his ass.

He did.

BTS

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

BT, what kind of scooter was it?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I was your age scooters were also know as Harleys and bikers take them in the house with them.

Todays scooters arent worth as much as a Harley but with the price of gas and being a quasi biker you probalby want to take it into the house with you.

I guess you also have to watch it whenever you ride it anywhere.

Solve one problem create another. You got cheap mpg but its hard to hang on to.

Durning the first oil crisis back in the 70's I had a honda 125 and I carried a very heavy chain and was lucky. Also we werent Bushwacked wages were decent I was making 11 dollars an hour and we were upset because gas went from 32cents a gallon to 75cents a gallon.

Nowadays down here in Florida most people are making 8, 9$ an hour and gas is 4$ a gallon which makes a scooter that probably gets 80mpgs or more very valuable.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

A while ago, some douchebag stole my bike. I found him later on at a corner store with my bike. I was on my way to martial arts practice when I saw him. The story writes itself.

• Sway
    Sway

A religious cult stole my life.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Back when I was in high school, I lived on a steep hill and had to park my car on the street. It was a 4 spd. manual early 80's pontiac shitbox. It had a relatively decent stereo in it. One morning we were eating breakfast when there's a knock on the door and there were two cops standing there. They asked "Do you own a blue Pontiac Phoenix?" I said Yes. They said "could you please come with us?"

I came outside and saw my car down the hill and across the street in the neighbor's yard with the neighbor's van sitting on my truck lid - with his trailer hitch punched through my truck lid. I went down and checked it all out. Then all I could do was laugh. Lying on the floor was my stereo...wires cut and ready to be pawned. I guess the guy lost his desire for it when he knocked my car out of gear and it started rolling down the hill...towards a dead end with a cable across it...right in front of a cliff face with about a 35 or 40 foot drop...down below which was the loading docks for a local grocery store.

So, I had to put the stereo back in - and shampoo my driver's seat for good measure.

I also once had a toolbox stolen out of my car while I was at work. That really sucked. I didn't even have a screwdriver or a hammer left.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Thanks for all the comments. It was a red Roketa scooter. It didn't cost much, but hey you live and learn I suppose. I should have known to figured out some way to keep it in my house or lock it up better. I hope I see some jerk riding around on it.

Funny story, I once saw a guy get his ass kicked at a gas station for stealing a car. The guy whose truck got stolen happened to be at the gas station pumping gas in to his rental when the dude who stole the truck rolled up to pump gas. It was an awesome scene.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit