One American on International Politics

by milligal 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I'll take Britain's parliament over our Republic any day. When our founding fathers were looking for ways to stop mob rule, they should of considered parliament... a much better system.

As for the war, it's the "flag wavers" responsible for this war... Bush and Congress wouldn't have committed themselves to this war had they not had public approval... mostly from Republicans who have never known their asses from a hole in the ground.

The causes of the failure of this Republic is the result of an uneducated public; I hear them daily repeating Fox News and Rush Limbaugh because they actually think these sources are accurate... what a laugh!

I wrote the paper daily before the Iraq invasion, long before predicting the outcome; but you "patriots" who supported this foolishness were too busy getting educated from the Rush Limbaugh "institute of conservative studies" to actually read a damned book or two and figure things out for yourselves. You flag wavers wanted this war, and now you've given it to all of us... mob rule at it's finest.

But I think the thing that really baffles the mind, is now that things are clear, crystal clear that Bush is an absolute idiot, and that the Republican Party philosophy has shown once again that it is a failure, I still hear you guys who've caused this failure act as if you have something to offer this country. Good lord Republicans, why aren't you ashamed of yourselves for the catastrophic mess you caused? Do you not feel ashamed for the mess this administration has placed on this great country?

Nah, there all of you are yet still waving your flags, declaring your patriotism while yet again doing everything in your power to destroy it. Please, why don't you just go away?

Well, hell yeah, Dog! I want to add only one thing: The dems are just as repsonsible for this mess as the neocons. Of course I think this way because I'm an independant and have disdain for both of the parties.

• dawg
    dawg

True that Robdar... that's why I want a parliament... these two parties really suck. I find myself voting each time for whomever I think is less of an idiot, or who's pandering the least.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

digderidoo- your condemnation of my criticism is irony in it's purest form. YOU are the one who is more than happy to criticize my country. Don't like it so much when the table is turned eh?

You can turn the table and criticise my country all you like. Chances are i would agree with you. I don't like the royals, but i think they serve a purpose, mainly tourism. They pay for themselves in bringing tourists into this country, which in turn adds $$$ to the economy.

But you defend your country by attacking the weaknesses of anothers which was my point. IMO that is a weak stance.

Paul

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    True that Robdar... that's why I want a parliament... these two parties really suck. I find myself voting each time for whomever I think is less of an idiot, or who's pandering the least.

That's great Dawg, because the upper chamber of Parliament, The House of Lords, their "Senate", if you will, is unelected. So guess what, you get no say. Oh and the Prime Minister? Selected by the monarch. Love it. BTS

• llbh
    llbh
    That's great Dawg, because the upper chamber of Parliament, The House of Lords, their "Senate", if you will, is unelected. So guess what, you get no say. Oh and the Prime Minister? Selected by the monarch. Love it. BTS
    IP: LM2ZepzTtzNXvLbm

You are right about the house of the House of Lords thought they have no real power .

The Prime Minister is not selected by the Monarch, but by party that happens to be in power.

The real power lies with members of parliament and in particular the party of government.

David

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The Prime Minister is not selected by the Monarch, but by party that happens to be in power.

I get that, but isn't it the Queen that actually does this? Isn't it Her Lofty and Impenetrable Highness that says:

"The Right Honorable Olde (and with bad teeth) Lord Reginald Nigel Higgenbotham IV Esq., O.M.G, W.T.F., Manchesterfieldwich, Crapfordshire Proper, Grate Britain, is requested to from a government"?

BTS

EDIT. Yes, the second paragraph here seems to confirm this, she has the power:

http://www.helium.com/items/407538-abolishment-of-the-british-monarchy

• dawg
    dawg

Don't worry about him llbh... He goes away after awhile.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Criticize the government of the average European and they will agree with the criticisms and actually add to it. Patriots are ponces.

As an outsider, criticize the government of the US, Democrat or Republican, and the average American will view it as an affront to their personal dignity and an assault on modern civilization and liberty.

This generalization sounds like an outrage but its reality is lived out on this Board on a regular basis. The kind of America who is respected is one such as Six who not only KNOWS his country and its failings, but tries in his own small way to FIX his country.

Criticism of the nation you happen to have genes in is not a sin, as a matter of fact it is much more positive in an educational way than blind patriotism.

HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Don't worry about him llbh... He goes away after awhile.

At least you hope I do, before I smoke you. Why don't you start another thread to Burn me? BTS

• llbh
    llbh

BTS have you studied English Constitutional Law ? No , well i have, and i am therefore qualiified with a substantive knowledge of English Law . hence LLbh - LL.B (Hons).

The power the Queen has is ceremonial, no more. She has no power at all, zero.

I do not neeed to start a thread on your ignorance you do it quite well.

As for the original point of the thread you are are exhibiting what Milligal was saying about ignorance of another countrie's jurisprudence

btw thanks Dawg

Regards David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit