My first post

by BonaFide 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

i think the witnesses have a firm grip of the truth - but they are not there yet.

keep in mind, the apostles didnt know "the truth" right away, it took them alot of time to get "the light" so to speak.

there is no other religion like the witnesses --- you must judge your experience for yourself, by what you see in front of you, by the actions of those in the organization, not by accusations that could possibly be unfounded.

im sure this will be taken out of context, but i will also say:

there ARE some things that desperately need changing. I have been disfellowshipped, and people call disfellowshipped ones "unrepentant sinners" -- im not sure if that is in any recent articles, but i heard a comment given where a sister said this, and it broke my heart. My sins are over with -- i made my mistake, and repented. I am NOT an unrepentant sinner. My experience with people and priveleges in the organization has been wonderful -- and i believe that is because God is indeed guiding them - and hopefully they will continue to listen, and although they can be stubborn, like the "sons of thunder" -- and i have had some hurtful experiences, i believe they are at least most of the way there ;)

One thing to be careful here -- take the advice given by people here, do not let everything out right away. Pray about it, and do what you must. And the same goes for posting messages here. Adhere to the rules, and dont make any outlandish claims of freedom of speech, or you will find yourself "disfellowshipped" from this forum, unable to return.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcome my friend.....the governing body are just guessing, they don't have a clue.....you will slowly come to realize this.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Welcome Bonafide,

I have been reading here for a long time. Ever since I was studying the 1989 WT and noticed that it was changed in the bound volume. 'Preaching work will be completed in this century' changed to 'preaching work completed in our time.'

Wow, I'm also new and I knew that the WT flip flopped and later apologized and have misrepresented outside sources. But I did not know they went back and changed WT's for bound/future volumes. Talk about deception....

Sticking around here, you learn something new everyday....

One argument I have regularly with my husband is how it is possible for a single organization to "own" the truth. Doesn't truth stand on it's own merit? That is, nobody can own it, and nobody can claim to have it all. Truth stands on it's own. Every action that you take is down the road of truth or it is not.

JG.. I really like this argument and may use it one day. I never thought of it this way. This is a keeper, thanks!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Welcome to the rest of your life Bonafide

You get the official Homey hug

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

"but the take the blue one and the only promise we can make is to show you the truth."

yes, indeed. Go from witnesses proclaiming they have the truth to non witnesses proclaiming it...

end of animal farm anyone?

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Is it any way possible that JW's may still somehow have the truth?"

You already know that nearly everyone on this board believes the dubs do not have the "truth," but the only way you can truly be convinced is to do the research and find out for yourself.

The dubs have been telling you what to do and believe for a long time. Turning to us to tell you what to do and believe is just switching one "parent" for another. But I wish you the best of luck in your search for truth.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

o never mind...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi bonafide.

Welcome to the forum.

Waking up to the notion that you are one of the few members of your family that is not a member of a high control cult is pretty tough. Especially if you have been an instrument in in their indoctrination.

I wish you well on your new journey.

Please take time to read lots from our past threads and learn from our mistakes.

Cheers

Chris

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Hi, welcome. I posted my first comment here around 6 weeks ago. I too have "privileges", I serve as an elder. ALL of my family are Witnesses. I'm 3rd gen. myself. What you're feeling is natural. Some days you'll feel great that you've found the truth, others you'll feel sick that you could be completely wrong for doubting the Witnesses. Simply check everything according to Scripture. Read the Bible without the WTS filter/funnel. Don't make excuses or apologize for their teachings. You'll get through it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt corp does have some truth, a little bit. I would say that the catholic has more truth than does the wt. The buddhists also have some truth. Truth is scattered around. If you read a lot, and then experiment, talk and lastly, think a lot, you will be able to collect these bits of truth. It can be fun. Other people just get tired and give up. There are so many things, the majority, that a person needs to discard.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit