The CO asked for more contributions

by outofthebox 56 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Outlaw,

The pride is gone. They want money now! The CO explained how everybody saw the widow giving her two cents. So we have to do like her so everybody can see us giving money and they will follow our example. That's what leaders are for!

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

SirNose586,

It was a speach he was supposed to give. it came directly from the Society. But, I don't know if that's is something local or general.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

changeling,

Yes. Of course he talked about the "no elder's kids or wife's in college". I was keeping that part for my next post. LOL.

I decided to test the Holy Spirit to appoint me, an unbeliever, as an elder... among other things.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Tell the CO that The Watchtower is simply going to have to "Wait on Jehovah"!

VM---------THAT IS JUST SO HILARIOUS-------IF ONLY!!!!!

• uninformed
    uninformed

Gary wrote:

Jehovah's Witnesses is not a religion, they are inactive in governmental affairs, meetings are free, no collections are taken, and no solicitations for funds are made.

......................................and other fairy tales..............................

Brant

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Damn! I just sold my house and gave it to the borg.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

And the sad part... I saw some people giving envelopes with money to the CO the last day of the visit. Some of them I know are people with really, really no money at all.

• blondie
    blondie

My husband spent many years as the accounts servant and continued doing the accounts as an elder. He observed that few donated, maybe 4 or 5 gave over $100, and maybe 10 gave under $100 every month. The rest didn't even give $1 or $5 although they had money to go to movies and out to eat. Since 1990, the cash cow from payments by jws for publications has finally hit bottom. jws are voting with their pocketbook as well. Russell said that if voluntary and confidential contributions did not meet the WTS expenses, it meant they did not have God's backing.................

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would like to get any money I contributed back by what ever means.

Certainly the recent developements (paper back books, magazine cut backs, etc...) is all a sign that many are tireing out as the end has not come yet as repeatedly promised, the influence of the internet as many pretend to be JWs and go to meeting to keep thier cover and not lose thier family and long time freinds. I'm sure there are quite a few of these types in almost every hall by now,, not to mention those who doubt but are afraid to make known thier doubts to avoid being labeled as an apostate.

The pressure is mounting for the GB to stay profitable, relevant, with every step they take there are to be casualties,, as they try to stem the tide of unprofitablity. Yeah!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    The CO explained how everybody saw the widow giving her two cents. So we have to do like her so everybody can see us giving money and they will follow our example

Ya....everyone in the Hall should put 2 pennies in the contribution boxes.

Despite their begging and whining about how the contributions just aren't what they used to be, believe me---the Witchtower Babel and Trash Society is anything but poor. While they may not get the regular contributions from the R&F like they used to, I think they've expanded their horizons in different ways to raise cash. Most notibly, they're investments in real estate is bringing them big bucks. They buy a rundown building, completely re-do it with free labour, sell it, and make a really tidy profit. Plus, I think alot of older Dubs are leaving their estates to the Organization, along with cash, stocks, bonds, real estate, jewellry, etc.

Yes, it should be interesting to see what happens, when and if they get rid of the COs. While the excuse that they 'can't afford' them anymore might appease some, it's going to really infuriate other as, like the Bethelites that got kicked to the curb, they've given their lives to the Organization and expected to be taken care of till either the New System gets here, or till they die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit