The CO asked for more contributions

by outofthebox 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Isaiah 56 verse 11.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

This was their attitude in the past.

'Zion's Watch Tower' has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: 'All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,' fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication."

LRG

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Mo Money! Mo Money! Mo Money!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Moloch demands babies, Moloch demands minds, Moloch demands money, Moloch demands obedience. The evil WTS demands more and more and still teaches times will get tougher and tougher. If a day's labor will be for a bread, then little will be left for the Downpressor Borg. They will go to hell without their billions.

• VM44
    VM44

"Jehovah will provide!"

Tell the CO that The Watchtower is simply going to have to "Wait on Jehovah"!

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

This was inevitable. Here in the United States, with most of the rank and file members not having a college education, their wages are basically flat; when compared to recent inflation. Rising fuel, energy, food, and healthcare costs are outpacing wages considerably (particularly those of non-college grads).

I believe that immigration has contributed to the rise in congregation attendance figures for many areas. I remember that at a recent circuit assembly here in the Los Angeles area, the District Overseer compared the local circuit’s attendance figures with those of the Spanish. The Spanish circuit was outperforming the English handily.

The Watchtower finds itself in a bind; whereby they want to have it both ways. They want to continue to discourage college, even going so far as to remove elders and ministerial servants over the issue. This will only continue to create an uneducated, dumbed-down membership. But, at the same time, the GB expects this membership to have the financial means to contribute more money. When the money doesn’t roll in, they send out hand-wringing guilt inducement letters to the flock.

It is incredible how out of touch the Watchtower leadership is.

• yknot
    yknot

VM44 (good one)

Jeremy...very good point, they must have been banking on quanity not quality.

Here is a conspiracy theory regarding the letter:

The letter is used to make the COs realize that the money is dwindling thus leading them to eventually accepting the new rumored CO arrangement when ever it is unveiled.....In the mean time a few JWs will pony up some more cash.

Desperate times leads to desparate actions.......like downsizing staff.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    Here is a conspiracy theory regarding the letter:
    The letter is used to make the COs realize that the money is dwindling thus leading them to eventually accepting the new rumored CO arrangement when ever it is unveiled.....In the mean time a few JWs will pony up some more cash.

I think that’s quite plausible. The elimination of the Circuit Overseer arrangement is going to deeply sadden; even disillusion many long-time COs. I believe that the Society is going to have some very bitter brothers on their hands. The Watchtower leadership needs to provide these long standing brothers with a very good reason for such a drastic change. If these traveling overseers are repeatedly made aware of the Society’s lagging contributions; this may make such brothers more willing to accept the new change.

There is another thing that these letters could accomplish. If the traveling overseers eventually realize that the elimination of their positions is due to lagging contributions, they are much more likely to blame the rank and file Witnesses instead of the Governing Body. The last thing that the GB needs right now are hundreds of embittered ex-Circuit Overseers - not in the internet age!

• ataloa
    ataloa

Sway said:

I want my money back, but I doubt they're going to give it to me.

No need to doubt; you're not getting it. Btw, welcome to the board. Jeremy said:

I believe that the Society is going to have some very bitter brothers on their hands.

Do you really think so? If a particular one could feel a little of the bitterness I had, that he was so repulsed by, that would not make me sad.

• lawrence
    lawrence

The next BOE letter will define the newest arrangement: COs will receive 40% of their stipend based on congregation contributions. There will be a 100 club, and the best 3 COs (contibution yearly sum) will be invited to teach at the new SALES and SERMONS week course offered in various districts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit