Iowa shout-out

by merfi 27 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

Geez I haven't checked mine but I'm sure I'm ok for the next 24 hours. Bantering with Sal ate some posts. Nutter, that one.

tee hee hee

Are you Canadian by chance?

~merfi

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Yes I am, had Ireland for fun for a couple of days....

h4o

• merfi
    merfi

I was from Fiji for awhile when there was a crazy Iowa bible study gal on here. Then I no longer gave a crap.

I was just messing with you about the Canada/tee hee thing -- I'd read through some posts and came across that connection in a thread somewhere.

What are you still doing up?

Me - at work (shhhh don't tell Salvation --h e thinks I just went round 2 with Mr Merfi)

~merfi

• merfi
    merfi

bttt for the USA/Iowa Central time zone folks.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Hi merfi,

Nice to see you are alive and kicking. I'll be in Ames, Iowa next month if that counts for anything. Hope all is going well for you.

• juni
    juni

Born in Red Oak... moved to Des Moines and then to Milwaukee, WI.

You do know you Iowa folks have a Southern accent, right?

• merfi
    merfi

Juni!!! How are you? Good to 'see' ya.

We do NOT have accents. lol (the Iowans south if I-80 do though, so I'll give you that.)

Hey Frozen -- close enough. How's the bike?

~merfi

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Not in Iowa, but a neighbor, to the south of ya!!

• merfi
    merfi

Hey there southern neighbor! We were just in your state in May visiting relatives ("Marge-aritaville" We love aunt Margie....). Loooove your Lake of the Ozarks.

~merfi

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Count me in, I'm a 3rd generation, now DF'd member, in fact I'm going to officially be joining the Presbyterian church in a couple weeks. I live in Des Moines. I'd love a Midwestern get together.

I'm part of the "officially ain't ever goin back" class...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit