Iowa shout-out

by merfi 27 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

Anyone?

Just seeing if anyone from my fair state has escaped the cult and is here. I'm always hoping. :)

~merfi

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

hiya merfi

I am not from iowa...my little brother lives there and never got dunked...lucky him

maybe I will move there...lol

Snakes ()

• merfi
    merfi

How's it going Snakes?

Where in Iowegia does your undunked bro live? (you can pm me if posting it would call him our or anything)

Yeah, it's good here. I wouldn't recommend moving to the east side of the state yet, til they dry out. Not good over there. :(

~merfi

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

merfi:

wouldn't recommend moving to the east side of the state yet, til they dry out

That IS where my brother lives.... 3 blocks from where the mandatory evacuation zone was and 600 yards from the Iowa river.... missed him by that much... CNN was doing remote shots in his town during the peak of the flooding....

I am further south (on a different river) and we still have flooding in our downtown on a main road that runs parallel to the river...the town up river from us is going to be flooded at least partially until the end of July..though the river I think finally crested...

he doesnt care about being outed..its me that is still a bit paranoid since my mom is still a dub ...and I live in another state around all the dubs I grew up with.

Snakes ()

• merfi
    merfi

Wow Snakes, that was a close call for your bro. Glad he's ok. I have a cousin in IA City that was spared as well because she's on high ground.

And I was whining about less than an inch of water in my basement. Perspective.

~merfi

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

merfi:

I have a cousin in IA City that was spared as well because she's on high ground

wouldnt it be funny if we somehow knew the same person through common friends (6 degrees of separation and all of that)?

i am talking to a nice gal in IC via IM..met through eHarmony...(even if nothing comes of it other than gaining a new friend...I think its cool to do something else that the Borg disapproves )

this gal......she also lives on "high ground" on the north end of town...just south of I80... ..so she was spared the flooding ...

Snakes ()

ps...back to topic...anyone else from Iowa joining us apostates?

• merfi
    merfi

Snakes-

I just msn mapped her and uh yeah, she's south of I-80. BUT -- she's on the south end of town, looks like. If the eHarmony (for SHAME on you doing what has no doubt been told and told and told again and again is baaaad) gal doesn't work out, I'll give you her email. Or not -- she's a bit eccentric. Ok, like really eccentric. Probably a genius (seriously), *always* right and has a love of vodka. (my god, I think I just described MY perfect match. )

Where are the Iowa apostates, faders and lurkers? Bordering states now welcome to join in the fray....

~merfi

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Would you take bordering countries.....

h4o

• merfi
    merfi

Absolutely, h4o!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Unfortunately I have to quite quick I'm down to 11 posts....think that means something....tee hee hee

h4o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit