Iowa shout-out

by merfi 27 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Only you and Tom Arnold admit to being from I -o -wa...and that old dude who drove his lawn tractor across state.

Welcome to the campfire

Hill

• merfi
    merfi

Digging through old old posts and came across my quest for other Iowa xJWs! Anyone out there?

I think I saw that old dude on his lawn tractor a couple days ago.... Or maybe it was that horse and hayrack guy... Weirdness blends together and I'm not sure what I've seen in my fair state at times.

~merfi

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Hi Merfi ((waves)) I live very close to the border of Iowa in fact went shopping in Davenport this morning . My middle son lives in Pella ,Iowa . He is newly faded and having a difficult time fitting in socially ............Where are all the single apostate girls when you need them ?

OH how a mother wishes he could find a nice apostate girl and settle down .

• merfi
    merfi

Hey there troubled mind! ((waves back)) I'm in Storm Lake, so way across the state from you. I have an SIL that lives in Davenport. She was just home for the weekend wedding dress shopping. We'll be over there early October for some nuptial festivities. Should be fun.

Looks like you're getting some storms tonight! I was sent straight out of my chair a minute ago with a loud crack of thunder. Darn IT blocked animated radar on our work computers (I dunno why....) so I'm not sure what is going on for sure out there.

I do hope your son can find a nice apostate girl! lol

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The storms woke me up and now i can't go back to sleep ........arrgghhh

When you come this way in Oct . you should let me know and maybe we could meet up for coffee . Probably going to be a busy weekend for you though .

• merfi
    merfi

I'd love to if I can squeeze it in! But yeah, they are doing a 2-day thing so it's going to be nuts I'm sure. They're getting married the 9th at twilight and having the reception the 10th. Um, ok.

Do you Facebook? I don't go randomly friend-adding strangers, but the xJW connection sort of takes care of that I think. And I'm pretty much normal'd out by now. haha Anyways, PM me if you do and I'll send you the email addy to find me by.

Our last wave of storms seems to have gone past and it's just sprinking for now. Our rain is a good thing as my poor flowers were looking pathetic.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Merfi you have a PM

• apostatekate
    apostatekate

late to the party, but Iowa ex-jw here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit