The SHOW must go on!!!

by leaving-jws 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Turkey Sandwich
    Turkey Sandwich

I recall a CO, a tall gangly and frankly scary looking old man whose opening talk on his first visit was about brothers who died giving a talk, and he knew A LOT of them. The stories just kept going and going. He was my favorite CO, and no one else seemed to like him at all. I think it was at that point, when I realized no one else could appreciate his dark humor, that I knew I wasn't like the other sheep. Whatever happened to you, Bro. Felcher?

• justhuman
    justhuman

WT are so blinded by the letter of the law the have inserted that they ignore the basic law "Love". For them the meeting must never stop, what ever happens. Their Pharisaic rules and worship is beyond any human pain, and all the things that makes us justhumans

• flyphisher
    flyphisher
    At least the apostle Paul in Acts 20:9-10 stopped speaking when the young man fell down several storeys and apparently died (or nearly).

Of course.

At that time, he was not obliged to keep his speech timetable exactly (minute/ second)...

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Some of these stories are mind blowing.

Paul

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

a child in the kingdom hall was choking on a toy..

a brother heard it, ran to the front of the hall, and performed the heimlic (sic)... and a nurse pioneer also assisted.

the child was fine.

the brother didnt pause an instant.

I felt pretty awkward after that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit