The SHOW must go on!!!

by leaving-jws 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

A JW died at the district convention in Pine Bluff,Arkansas a couple of weeks ago. It was announced late in the program on Saturday, and mentioned again in the closing prayer on Sunday.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    one of the parishioners in attendance is a medical doctor and another is a Resistered Nurse

Good luck having any two like this in a King-DUMB Hall.

it isn't just lack of compassion, it's lack of common sense. When people are told how to manage every detail of their lives, they lose the ability to think quickly and respond to crises. They were waiting for the leaders to tell them what to do.

Amen, Sister H.! "Whatever Hojovah wills." B the X

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

At least the apostle Paul in Acts 20:9-10 stopped speaking when the young man fell down several storeys and apparently died (or nearly). Paul was compassionate and made sure the youth was conscious or brought back alive - whatever - and comfortable before he resumed talking.

Different days.

Witchettygrub

• justhuman
    justhuman

That is realy amazing SHAWN

You offered helped and they refuse it....such a banch of assholes...indeed they acted with ignorance, you don't move a person when it falls down, you provide CPR at the spot until the Ambulance arrives. It is a rule-NEVER TO MOVE AN INJURED OR A PERSON WITH A HEART ATTACK...

They are so EVIL AND PATHETIC..They think because they are "elders"they KNOW everything and their knowledge is beyond limits...

But what would happened if a disfellowshiped person needs CPR at the Kindom Hall??? I'm sure they would let the person die...and here a stroy of what happened to a disfellowshiped person that started feeling dizzy, a brother saw her goes near her and gives her water to drink. then she helped her to stand and took her to the hospital...this brother was no fanatic JW and he was compasionate person

At the Kindom Hall there was an elder a doctor, and he didn't moved from his place to give a helping hand....they are so evil

• Sway
    Sway

Too bad Jesus wasn't at any of these meetings or assemblies, he could have saved these people. Must have been busy elsewhere. Sway

• Alexia
    Alexia

When I was in PS, an older brother I grew to have affection for during the first week (he was like a grandfather to me) started to silently choke on a piece of candy. Since I was sitting next to him, I was the only one who noticed that he was gasping for air. I called his name loudly and the other people noticed and responded quickly giving him the Heimlich maneuver and dislodging the candy. As soon as he left by ambiance, we went right back to the PS even though I was visibly shaken up and crying over the experience. I walked out and went home for the day.

• agent zero
    agent zero

yes its totally nuts.

i've never seen anything like that happen to a brother giving a talk, so i didn't know they just send someone else up to keep going for him.

seen similar things in the audience tho. at a DC an elderly brother collapsed (he was near the stage in an area where almost everyone could see him), the paramedics came took him out, a little commotion in the immediate rows, whispering everywhere else, but never missed a beat of the program.

A0

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

This actually happened to me as a teenager. Not as severe as the other cases. I remembered feeling sick during the final song, and during the prayer I collapsed. ( Don't know how long the prayer continued as I was unconsious) They did call an ambulance after a while. All I remember was looking over at my mom who was looking at me like I was embarrasing the *ish out of her.

• flipper
    flipper

LEAVING JW's- I was giving a part on a circuit assembly in 1983 and the 83 year old sister who stood at the microphone sat down next to me after giving her experience. She had a heart attack on the spot , resting her head on my shoulder. Another brother and myself carried her off the stage , and tried to give her CPR . A nurse rushed back behind the curtain and got her heart started again , but she had lost too much oxygen and died 2 weeks later , being taken off life support.

But the thing that pissed me off was the elder doing the part just kept on going like nothing had happened , not even interrupting his talk to make mention of this sister collapsing on my shoulder. It is just disgusting, no other words for it. Oh, they mentioned the sister had a heart attack after the part ; right before lunch break, but as you said witnesses are so impersonal that the " show must go on. " They seriously have their priorities screwed up badly. It was an experience I will never forget - like it just happened yesterday in my mind

• horrible life
    horrible life

My mother-in-law, Methodist, had a still unexplained seizure, right after the first song. The preacher (a woman) was the first to notice.

She looked up at the choir, and yelled the name of a man sitting there, and said "CALL 911" !

The dentist in the audience stands up at that, and watches where the preacher is running to, he follows. They get her into the aisle, couple of sweaters are tossed near her, and used.

My husband and 8 year old daughter were in the choir. Husband bounds down the stairs, daughter was caught by husbands good friend, before she could run down, and was taken down back stairs. He got his vehicle ready to follow ambulance, and tried to calm down daughter, and she wasn't watching, what was going on.

Another choir member was in charge of telling husband who had child, and they would meet them at the hospital.

Two members went outside to stand on each corner, to be able to flag down ambulance. Everybody else stayed put.

Ambulance came, took her, The preacher said that with all that just happened, she felt that God wouldn't mind changing the agenda in worship services. She said a prayer, asking for god to watch over her, and dismissed church 30 + minutes early. \

She asked that the phone calling prayer tree by started that morning, and for everybody to call her later, to check on her status.

That was all unpracticed. Love guided all. Later in the week, she had a small meeting, about what went on, and how they could improve response. Nobody could improve on what was done. It was so perfect, it was like it had been practiced.

Then more than half of the church, landed in the waiting room of the hospital. Took about a week, for her to recover, took 2 weeks to do tests, to find out that they have no idea what happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit