Ran into old JW friend in the airport...Correspondence has ensued...

by Confession 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

I just wanted to say THAT WAS AN EXCELLENT RESPONSE. You certainly must have spent a lot of time composing the letter.

I know how frustrating it can be when you come across JWs and inactive JWs who seem afraid to look into anything about the Organisation, unless they have been given permission! We too have come across the same situations - unfortunately my own brother is just the same. I gave him a copy of the letter that we had received from the United Nations regarding the Watchtower involvement for 10 years, and still he would not believe it.

Twinkletoes

• steve2
    steve2

I liked FreeWilly's response. Your old friend is not ready to listen, so the kindest response is to genuinely wish him well.

Over the years, I've come to see that the biggest threat to the Watchtower Society is not Apostasy but the other "A" word, "Apathy". I was raised in a congregation in the 1960s teeming with bright, young people almost all of whom are no longer active in the organization. Almost to a last one, though, they are not motivated to question their "inactive" beliefs because of a epidemic of apathy. It's far, far easier to simply backslide than it is to scrutinize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit