So they are phone witnessing now

by MrsBee 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrsBee
    MrsBee

The JW's just called my job. My boss answered the phone and she said that they were like, Id like to share a scripture with you, read the scripture and was like now if you grab your bible, and she was like I dont have a bible and they said well, when someone comes by for a talk, and she was like, you cannot come here, this is a place of business.

LMAO

So not only are they doing drive by witnessing, parking lot witnessing they are taking it to the phones, LMAO

just thought Id share that, it was hilarious

• blondie
    blondie

Phone witnessing businesses.......that's new. I knew they were calling people at home for years now.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

They need to use the Internet and email people....much less intrusive as we can just hit delete or deluge them with apostate stuff. But no the Internet is from the devil, spreads lies about the WT.

Thankfully I have a unlisted number. Or do they just do random numbers in a row like the telemarketing companies.

I moved 3 years ago to a small town of about 500 people. Lovely place and it has at least 6 churches, one one my street 4 houses down. No Kingdum Hall. I have not had one visit from a JW. Thankfully but obviously they aren't pounding the pavement to find people here. I am home almost all the time.

Before that I lived in Toronto in the downtown area. I had JW's come to my door every month, I had a intercom so I didn't have to answer the door in person. I was a widow and lived alone, scarey to answer the door in my area. So I would just say I was interrupted in the shower and dripping. they would say we can come back another time. I would say no not necessary.

Velvet

• mouthy
    mouthy

In Montreal we did this ALL the time when we were sick. We would take down the Name then call anyone so we could get our hours in.........Didnt matter if it was a home ,buisness ,etc:

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

That is just not done - you don't phone a business to witness - goodness sake.

• mouthy
    mouthy

That is just not done - you don't phone a business to witness - goodness sake. When your short on hours you phone ANYONE!!!!

• Preston
    Preston

New? They arent the most technologically advanced... but theyve been doing this for ages. Well in the '90's when I was in.

- Preston

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

We used to phone witness on a regular basis. You got a phone "territory" from the KH. It had numbers and addresses on it. If there was no number listed, you would write a letter to the address. I preferred witnessing that way, because I hated being seen in public going door-to-door. We never called any businesses though.

• megaflower
    megaflower

They also do letter writing in my area. We have quite a few estate homes with large locked iron gates so there is no access. They take down all the address of homes like these and send them a tract with a short message. It can get expensive with the cost of postage the publisher must incur.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I remember when they started this crap back in the '90's. They usually did a phone witnessing night on Wednesday's at the hall. Funny how I was always sick on Wednesday's!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit