So they are phone witnessing now

by MrsBee 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cc81
    Cc81

back in my pioneering days i used to do phone witnessing a LOT. When we were sick, or if it was raining... that was just what we did... The worst thing we did was walk around the MALL when it was crappy out and walk up to random people and witness.. i used to HATE that.

• tak
    tak

Phone witnessing has been around for a long time, at least in my area. It is usually for the pioneers that can't get out much due to age or illness.

• Sasha
    Sasha

I'm in South Eastern Florida and they have been phone witnessing for years.....It's primary for the old infirmed folks who can't walk the streets. But you don't have to fall in that catagory.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

for the first time ever i received a 'phone witness" last night. I wans't home but a voice message was left inviting me to this Sunday's coming meeting.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I posted this on another thread but thought it might fit here as well:

My wife has told me that fewer people want to drive in service and that several people are carpooling to the DC and CA now. Everyone is trying to figure out how to do more with less.

The dubs have done phone and letter witnessing for years. But, in most places it always carried a laziness stigma (sorry for any who did it for real health reasons but the friends have never really respected phone and letter writing). Now, it is becoming much more mainstream.

Also, my wife told me that many more are doing informal witnessing while they're out doing errands.

She sees less and less people at the meeting for field service but everyone is still getting their time in - which means they are either liars or they're doing alternative forms of witnessing.

Just my news from the front line (well, one person back from the front line).

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    She sees less and less people at the meeting for field service but everyone is still getting their time in - which means they are either liars or they're doing alternative forms of witnessing.

I would say both.

" Well, uhm, let's see. Spent 30 seconds handing out that tract to the lady in the store line, and another 15 inviting my sister in law to the Sunday talk when I saw her at the video store. Now filling out my report, I shall likely have to round that up a bit - after all I was witnessing to Jehovah. Last Saturday I was out in door to door for over 3 hours and never talked to two people. I counted 4 hours [since I included lunch with the brothers and sisters afterward]. So, for all that hard witnessing while out shopping I shall count the same. Geee, when I get home, if I just pop a copy of the public Watchtower into the mail to my grandma in Phoenix, I can add another 4 hours. Yep that sounds about right - I'll just put down a conservative 12 hours. This alternative Witlessing has really paid off - I am now over the national average, and don't feel like I have even broken a sweat yet."

"Maybe next month I can find a way to auxiliary pioneer!"

• blondie
    blondie

Telephone witnessing spoken of in 1973:

*** km 7/73 p. 4 par. 2 Presenting the Good News—By Making Good Use of the Telephone ***In one midwestern state there is a restricted military community of about 20,000 persons within the territory of the congregation. The brothers were concerned about how they would preach the good news to those living there, so they decided to try using the telephone. They designated a page of the telephone book as a "territory" and the publisher holding this "territory" made telephone calls to all those persons, endeavoring to give a witness to each one. The results were excellent

*** w56 11/15 p. 688 Preaching by Writing Letters ***Nor would we overlook those who are too crippled to write letters and who witness by using the telephone, or who supplement their letter writing by phone calls

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I can't believe your boss didn't have her bible with her. What was she thinking?

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I used to place a Watchtower in my back window and count the time that I drove around, hell I used to even make sure it was there on the back window when I went on a fishing trip and carried a few mags with me also to leave on the camping tables, I thought I was really earning my way to salvation "woo hoo" as long as I sold and scattered their mags and books around I was sure to have a relationship with Jehovah and Jesus Christ.

Why I even left them at Zeeks Bar and grill near Flaming Gorge WY, by doing so it made me feel better about drinking five "Harvey Wall Bangers" when I went in to buy crushed ice and Mep Spinners and of course more beer.

Move ahead move ahead always follow through"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit